Tyres bfg muds 110 whats the price

mendiplogs

I run insa turbo's and have done for some time (old bfg mud terrain) . I like them and for around £65-£70 a tyre dont think you could get much better. Never really had much issue with fast wear etc tho i do lots of off road mileage. I did find them noisier on my l/r over my shogun or isuzu tho soundproofing in a l/r is non existant.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had 31/10.50/15 on series3 then moved them onto hi cap just got to watch steering lock,might need to adjust. current 110 on zxl xzl which ever they are lol.... had Insaa turbo/sahara things b4

HI DORSET your running zxl now on your 110 i now they take weight well not that good in mud thanks jon :thumbup:

I run BFG Muds, they're so good I wouldn't bother now with anything else. Yes they have their limitations but overall they can't be beaten.

On the 110 I am running 285/75x16 on standard rims with 30mm spacers. On the Disco2 I am running 265/75x16 on statdard rims (these will foul the standard front bumper, I get away with it because I fitted a Saudi spec bumper without the bulldozer feature).

I used to get 100,000 miles from a set of the original Mud T/As (now known as KM1), I haven't had the KM2s long enough to be sure but after 30,000 miles there is imperceptible wear.

KM2s seem to be a bit better on the road than KM1s, although I never had an issues with those either. KM2s are more prone to picking up stones and flints than KM1s which can be a bore.

Expect to pay between £145 and £160 per tyre in this sort of size. Sounds a lot but if you can get perhaps 100k out of them it's a complete bargain!

I run BFG Muds, they're so good I wouldn't bother now with anything else. Yes they have their limitations but overall they can't be beaten.

On the 110 I am running 285/75x16 on standard rims with 30mm spacers. On the Disco2 I am running 265/75x16 on statdard rims (these will foul the standard front bumper, I get away with it because I fitted a Saudi spec bumper without the bulldozer feature).

I used to get 100,000 miles from a set of the original Mud T/As (now known as KM1), I haven't had the KM2s long enough to be sure but after 30,000 miles there is imperceptible wear.

KM2s seem to be a bit better on the road than KM1s, although I never had an issues with those either. KM2s are more prone to picking up stones and flints than KM1s which can be a bore.

Expect to pay between £145 and £160 per tyre in this sort of size. Sounds a lot but if you can get perhaps 100k out of them it's a complete bargain!

HI TREE your right there mate on the miles you get out of them i run 7.50 what size can i run 225x 75 x 16 i no of some for £120 each inc vat that ok thanks jon

HI TREE your right there mate on the miles you get out of them i run 7.50 what size can i run 225x 75 x 16 i no of some for £120 each inc vat that ok thanks jon

Jon, a 225/75x16 is smaller than most folk would run on a Defender and might look a bit odd, but would certainly fit.

225/75 give a tyre section width a fraction under 10 inches (8.858" to be precise) but the section height is only 6.6 inches, so in term of ground clearance etc it's going to be more like the old 6.00x16 tyres fitted to SWB leafers. So it'll be wider than your 7.50s by an inch but thinner by an inch.

Personally I don't think I'd fit this size, but it's personal choice. I would recommend 265/75x16 or 235/85x16.

Sounds a pretty good price if it includes VAT though.

Jon, a 225/75x16 is smaller than most folk would run on a Defender and might look a bit odd, but would certainly fit.

225/75 give a tyre section width a fraction under 10 inches (8.858" to be precise) but the section height is only 6.6 inches, so in term of ground clearance etc it's going to be more like the old 6.00x16 tyres fitted to SWB leafers. So it'll be wider than your 7.50s by an inch but thinner by an inch.

Personally I don't think I'd fit this size, but it's personal choice. I would recommend 265/75x16 or 235/85x16.

Sounds a pretty good price if it includes VAT though.

HI TREE your right i need 235/85/16 thanks jon :thumbup: