Best chainsaw for crosscutting

gdh

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you get a 560 it is 18" max . 576 is tooo heavy for a 70 cc saw that leaves 372 which is the one in my opinion . I have a 372 which is " spud ported " and is , dare I say it ...awesome . I also have a tweeked 560 that is also a stonker but suits a 15" - 18" bar . I had a 576 and did not like it just because it weighed the same , almost as a 385 and made the same power as a 372 so did not see the point of it ( dis counting emission regs ) Sooo 70 cc saw is a 372 for me . just my opinion but ....

Well I'm leaning towards the 372 unless anyone thinks that autotune and less vibrations are worth the extra cost/weight for the 576. The 372 also has a higher chain speed by the look of it.

My 372 is a 2003 saw . Spud had it apart to port it a couple of weeks ago and put the original piston back . Said it was fine . bread and butter saw in the U.S.A. and Canada .Legendary IMHO .

That saw is a beast Andy - the funny thing is that my next door neighbour had a complaint about using his saw the same day as I was testing yours - think the guy was a bit anxious about approaching me holding that thing:lol:

DSCF0326.jpg.ef1505d87fbb246ecc353244e52d6822.jpg

That saw is a beast Andy - the funny thing is that my next door neighbour had a complaint about using his saw the same day as I was testing yours - think the guy was a bit anxious about approaching me holding that thing:lol:

A fine saw and to be fair , made even better by you Steve . 390 next bud ????:biggrin: