marcus_arb

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Tony,

missed you at Capel.

I was there on Friday but didn't see you?

Was looking forward to having a look at the pod in action.

Hopefully will catch you at the next show

all the best

David

Sorry David...couldn't get there Friday because of training commitments. Come and catch us at one of the climbing comps or shows throughout the year. Lots of the shops now have stock so go get yourself a look at one!

Throwpod looks great and I had to chuckle at the 'aerodynamic shape gains your throws height'. Im just a very amateur aircraft designer, make that model, models that fly, but the actual reynolds numbers(very roughly...numbers used to how well a objects will flow through space, they are very complicated) at that size shape and speed are so freaking huge as to make the benifits from say a throwpod to a throwbag, almost exactly the same shape and size, really quite negligible.

Now if you were to compare a throwpod to a volleyball...the throwpos will gain a height advantage due to its superior shape, and concentrated mass.

Dont get me wrong, I like the Throwpod and would probably buy one ?

Its shape is the absolute bomb when it comes to snaking through the tree, that and how tuff it is, its enviromental sustainability(no more lead) if you will, are the only real selling points I think the Throwpod needs.

One thing I gotta say....lol... I really think 40lbs(????) is a bit steep, If I had to pay over 80.00 Canadian(just relised how much it would cost!!), I would seriously consider the Rope Armour system, I mean its piece of rubber and a bolt.

Anyhow guess I said my bit, best of luck with it.

Stay safe.

I disagree on the price Grais...If anything it should be higher when you take into account that these things, short of being lost, are going to last and last. Unlike a throwbag where there will be repeat custom over the course of many years, theres every possibility most users may only ever buy one! With that in mind, selling it any cheaper wouldn't be a very sustainable business plan IMO.