honda gx 390 problem

Breezeblock

can anybody give me the basic carb settings for a gx390 ours plays up i have cleaned the crap out of the carb and it still hunts up and down it only runs clean when the choke is half on at any rpm any pointers

Ive got this problem with my genie, cant help mate , but will be watching this thread, someone like gardenkit will have the answer

just had this problem with my gx340. carb was stripped and put through ultrasonic by dealer, all settings tried and re tried and no joy. he took a carb off another engine and problem solved so i bouught a new carb at just over £100, all sorted.

apparently he has had a few of these in last year and all same.

I have had this a few times in the last ten years. The solution is always a new carb I have tried alot of things to save money and just waste my time instead. I have a few ideas why it happens probably all wrong. An expert petrol engine teccy should be along soon.

just had this problem with my gx340. carb was stripped and put through ultrasonic by dealer, all settings tried and re tried and no joy. he took a carb off another engine and problem solved so i bouught a new carb at just over £100, all sorted.

apparently he has had a few of these in last year and all same.

Your dealer is about right.

The Honda carb is very fussy and hates dirty or stale fuel.

The 'hunting' is typical of blocked jets in the carb. Most of the time a good US clean does the job, but every now and then I have to resort to a new carb.

When cleaning the carb it essential to remove the main jet and the venturi jet pipe. These will need cleaning and possible 'pricking' of the holes with the appropriate size cleaning pics.

There are perfectly good 'after market' carbs available for many honda engines.

Stripped and blown carb out with airline this morning and no joy, gonna get it booked into a place down the road and see if they can figure it out. Failing that ill have a look for a new carb

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App