ford ranger good,bad or ugly?

fergusonforestry

not something id normally consider but have heard fuel wise they're better than most other pickups and can pick em up cheap :001_tongue: wouldn't be used for major off roading or anything just general pickup duties , whats peoples experience with them? talking circa 2000 models, any difference in having ford or mazda badge? anything to look for?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my crewcab for thee years and think its a great compromise happy on the motorway good towing (my lump vermeer) very happy with mpg my weekly run is 36 miles 5 times a week on £40.

I've had other makes and models all have pro&cons but as an all rounder A*

I have 2,one single cab with truckman yr 2000 for work and dog kennel yr 2000 and a double cab as posh,no dog allowed,and yes he does get the hump big style,and thats yr 2001 and both are fab and never miss a beat.

early models much better then new,my view so don,t want to do down owners with new.

I've got a 2000 Mazda B2500 with a Truckman top which, until I got my 'company car' Isuzu, was my daily work truck. Great go-anywhere wagon, albeit with slightly delicate rear springs which can be replaced with up-rated versions. Fuel consumption is probably no worse than the competition at around 30mpg. I ran mine up last week after it had been sitting idle since Xmas and it started straight away. :thumbup1:

Mine is a big pile of steaming turd, useless for towing at high loads (too high geared) and fairly juicy, 09 plate and already has rust coming on the sills and other places, they are cheaper than most other makes for a reason imo.

If you are going for one then go for an earler one (pre 06 I believe) they were a really good workhorse and a half decent tow motor, although the legal tow capacity was a fair bit lower than the later ones.

For me the only thing it's any good for is a comfortable drive, as a workhorse it's a pile of crap.