Urgent help needed.......

Buzz

I would have thought that you would have felt vibration all through the speed range if it was the prop as that’s the normal experience if its gone.

Personally I would check your wheels for missing weights or just get them rebalanced and see what happens

1000 opinions your getting there.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I've experienced speed wobble on Lode Lane products I used to check the wheel balance, steering joints, all bushes, pre-load on the steering swivel and propshafts. Although in my experience, a prop is noticable at all speeds yet pre-load on the swivels gives you a "tank slapper" at certain speeds only. Good Luck

Drove to Manchester and back this am and the vibration is from 40 onwards with little peaks and troughs here and there.

Got back home both wheels off, washed them out, pressure washed all round the brakes and hubs and put the wheels back on.

Just having a brew and writing some emails then i have to goto sollihull so we'll see what occurs !

No play in steering arms, radius arms, panhard rod or anywhere else that i could see.

May have a slight oil leak on the drivers side hub/half shaft.

Maybe a spline on a half shaft has broke. Definitly sounds like the prop though, only reason i say this is the prop on my landy i shot, still drives ok, just a bit noisey a soon as i get over 40.

May be the bearing is on its way out.

Do you get any judder or slap when changing gear, if you do, that will be worn splines on the prop / drive train.

It's not noise like a bearing mate, there is no noise she just shakes like big momma on a trampoline above 40 lol.

It could be a wheel bearing but again i've had these issues before and it's not the same...off to Sollihull now so time will tell !!

Twas.............................

Mud build up on the inside of the wheel rims, stupid sandy sticky crud lol :P