Genetic modification- your views please

A total no-no. Horrendous :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Ditto. To coin a phrase, I wouldn't touch it with yours.

These genes will find their way back into the system eventually, with totally unknown consequences.

Tomatoes with fish genes?

Goats with spider genes?

No thanks.

I take the reports of rats becoming sterile/cancer ridden after 2 generations of eating GM food with a pinch of salt, and get annoyed with scare stories as they don't help anyone, but GM is about profit for the IP owners and nothing else. Yes, that's how business works, but most companies don't send out the message that they have the technology to solve all the world's problems.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the world is run by corperations, there purpose is to make money, the little man(us) is nothing but a thorn in there side. They control goverments, countries, and all the major goin on's GM foods and crops is one of the many ways they are trying to bring about total control and subservience, block everyone who has an opinion thats not the same as them. Till the sheeple in the world wake up, and start to take control of there own destiny once more yhe situation is only going to get worse

the world is run by corperations, there purpose is to make money, the little man(us) is nothing but a thorn in there side. They control goverments, countries, and all the major goin on's GM foods and crops is one of the many ways they are trying to bring about total control and subservience, block everyone who has an opinion thats not the same as them. Till the sheeple in the world wake up, and start to take control of there own destiny once more yhe situation is only going to get worse

the question is, how to you wake up the sheeple without being a "NUTTER":001_smile:

I sometimes think these corps must push and push to see just how asleep they are!

One could start by not insinuating that they're asleep or that they are sheep. Perhaps they just have different priorities to yours? Perhaps they wouldn't agree with you no matter how 'awake' you accepted they were.

ha ha there you are, knew you couldn't resist for too long, I am very interested in your "academic" and staunch science view on this subject, especially as the science behind its safety and stability is "shady"

Ditto. To coin a phrase, I wouldn't touch it with yours.

These genes will find their way back into the system eventually, with totally unknown consequences.

Tomatoes with fish genes?

Goats with spider genes?

No thanks..

To be fair since everything evolved from the same 1 in a multi-billion chance original single celled bacterium 4 billion years ago, we alll share the same genes. Be you amoeba; fern; monkey; gnat; human or a stick of celery! Genetically we all share the same strands of DNA, albeit that the higher the lifeform, the greater number of genes and chromosomes and order in which they are arranged are significantly different.

Thats why you do'nt look like a stick of celery with a monkey's face! So the tomatoe; fish; goat and spider already have the same genes as the human; platypus; aye aye & brazil nut tree. Of course a tomatoes that can withstand sea pressure of 5km deep and goats that spin webs from their bum are not quite as useful as being able to grow wheat in the Sahara to feed the ever burgeoning human population.

And that of course is the real problem. Human population growth (IMHO). Comparable to the size of even our own galaxy, let alone the universe, this tiny tiny planet cannot sustain an ever growing population with its wants and needs. If we want to save the world, then humanity will probably have to be wiped out. We will do it ourselves, eventually, but how much of our world will be left? There is only one solution, complete sterility of the human race with immediate effect, that will give us at leats 2-3 generations to right some of the wrongs we have done to this planet and give the rest of the organisms on this world a fighting chance to survive.

As for fighting GM, you are a snowflake in a furnace. You've lost before you've begun. What you may have heard or read about so far, I am sure is not even the tip of the iceberg.

As Private Fraser puts it: " We're all doomed Captain Mannering, were doomed"

ha ha there you are, knew you couldn't resist for too long, I am very interested in your "academic" and staunch science view on this subject, especially as the science behind its safety and stability is "shady"

Sorry. Haven't the time i'm afraid - just thought I'd give you a pointer as to avoid being labelled a nutter. :D

Fracking Insiders Admit To Employing Military 'Psychological Operations' On American Citizens - Business Insider

Tony, you can be fairly sure something very similar is being used by the proponents of GM.

just be glad you dont live in Afghanstan and leave it at that :001_smile:

Theres a lot of very dark crazy stuff about whats going on in the U.S, the internet is full of it, hard to know whats real and not these days, but I dont believe the telly either, nor the papers, where do you even begin!

To be fair since everything evolved from the same 1 in a multi-billion chance original single celled bacterium 4 billion years ago, we alll share the same genes. Be you amoeba; fern; monkey; gnat; human or a stick of celery! Genetically we all share the same strands of DNA, albeit that the higher the lifeform, the greater number of genes and chromosomes and order in which they are arranged are significantly different.

Thats why you do'nt look like a stick of celery with a monkey's face! So the tomatoe; fish; goat and spider already have the same genes as the human; platypus; aye aye & brazil nut tree. Of course a tomatoes that can withstand sea pressure of 5km deep and goats that spin webs from their bum are not quite as useful as being able to grow wheat in the Sahara to feed the ever burgeoning human population.

That's not completely accurate.

We have genes that are not present in other life-forms and vice versa. Gene presence/absence can even vary from one person to another.

Scientists breed goats that produce spider silk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_tomato