Temporary road mats / ground protection

rubikviz

Naitional grid working on pylons near my, they have track ways layed across fields lorries come in with matting on they have hiabs on back so they just lift and lay then back up and repeat. Eve is one company they have used. But the other week a company came in and layed wooden drive way for telehandles to get to scaffolding and retrieve it can not remember name but big yellow lorries.

Hi Jon I have to confess that I am not that familiar with quarry belts in great detail and would be concerned that whilst they may work for lighter stuff a 8 wheeler grab (prefered weapon on this job) would be too heavy for it given the saturated state of the ground. I could be wide of the mark on this though and would like someone to correct me if I am wrong.

Any quarrying / farming types browsing the forum with loadsa cheap used wide belts to get rid of?!! Don't ask dont get!

HI MATE THERES some metal track called eva track it 12ft takes arctic ok so a 8 wheeler grab be ok thanks jon :thumbup:

a very wet nature reserve i work on has bought about 400m of euromats but they got a stonking reduction and it still came to over 10k, they'll take my fergie over a fen towing a trailer load of reed or if you can get hold of the metal belts from pea harvesters they are good for a 7.5 tonne over a very manicured village staithe

Edited by Steve Bullman
removed link as requested

Or while I was working up in st Anne's last year for the British open they were using some allie mats! Massive arctic lorries driving over them all day everyday for months! The product was called TRACKWAY just type in google loads of companies supply this!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi.during the summer I work in the event industry.We use all manner of ground coverings.The most heavy and robust option would be to hire from eve trackway.They supply rolls or sheets that are bolted together.they are layed by a hiab and bolted together.They may also hire plastic track that will be robust enough for your lorry,providing the ground is solid and level.Trackmat are another supplier,but if you follow the events route,you will find that this is a quiet timeof year.you may also be able to pick up cheap second hand units from some suppliers...but I wouldnt like to guess there quality after festival use!I will hop onto another site i know and see if i can find some links for you.