cost of secondhand 260

veners

hi all,

following a theft I have been asked by the loss adjuster to give an approximate market value of the kit stolen which I have been using ebay etc to gauge a price. There are few Sthil MS 260s on there whats the rough value on a machine a couple of years old but well maintained?

As said, you need new kit, it's your business, second hand saws are a, an unknown quantity, unsuitable for sustained commercial use and b, you paid new price and that's what you insured, YOUR NEW saw....

Give them the stihl catalogue and highlight the current equivalent of what was pinched, because that's what you need.

The ms260 is currently an obsolete saw to buy new form stihl.

So with this in mind the next one is the ms261 currently priced from the stihl 2012 catalogue is £660 with the 16inch bar. With vat.

You will ned to highlight that you will not be able to buy another new ms260 saw and would need to buy the new ms261.

As buying secondhand may mean using ebay and a secondhand saw will not give you the reliability that you need in your profession.

That's what I would say.

In answer to the question £250 - £350, on what your insurer will pay out - if you have new for old policy- you will get new market value. If it is replacement it will be a second hand one - simple:thumbup:

HI STEVE your right there mate if you got new for old it no good to you to go out with old saw that lets you down mate give them full RTP PRICE MATE all the best jon :thumbup:

Do it buy stihls RRP price thats what i got told to do, So i could afford all of it with out messing around. Why we would pay high prices just to get 2nd hand kit. Like its been said you will need to inform them of all the new models Eg 260 no longer made its now the 261 Same with everything that got taken.

id give them new price.... i sure wouldn't pay for tool insurance if i knew i would only get 2nd hand value back...

Your saw might have been old/second hand but you want NEW replacement! :)

Exactly, why bother paying insurance premiums if they arnt going to pay for replacing the kit that was insured?