SRT Q & A's Thread

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd share a couple of my redirect options while on the subject,

Simple but effective when on bigger timber, or when you have run out of slings and binas, also it keeps the compression of the main anchor point.

[ATTACH]117396[/ATTACH]

Just a 60cm Lyon sling with dmm senital bina, nice and simple, just choke the sling through itself attach bina clip in line and rock and roll.

[ATTACH]117397[/ATTACH]

This one is pretty much a mixture of the first 2, whist keeping the compression away from the main stem by creating a little slack in the line between the alpine butterfly knot and main anchor, I like to use this on windy days as it takes some drag out the line from the sway!

[ATTACH]117398[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

That first photo is exactly what I needed last week Adam. I was up a tree trying to remember what I'd seen on here but couldn't figure anything out.

That looks really good and negates the need for slings, just carry some biners.:thumbup1:

Ive using a clove hitch on a bight after Dmc mentioned it. Its great, you can tension it up a bit too. Backed up with 2 half hitches and if you are feeling twitchy you can slap a biner in the bight after the two half hitches are tied. I tie the half hitches around both legs of rope even though they exit the clove at different angles. Cheers Dave!

Ive using a clove hitch on a bight after Dmc mentioned it. Its great, you can tension it up a bit too. Backed up with 2 half hitches and if you are feeling twitchy you can slap a biner in the bight after the two half hitches are tied. I tie the half hitches around both legs of rope even though they exit the clove at different angles. Cheers Dave!

Can you post a photo if you get the chance. Sounds complicated but probably is not.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

HAHA Ian you do make me laugh!! Yes its sensitive, caring, sexy, slightly bouncy rope. TIP tied on short hauls its not too bad though! Nice to have a bit of stretch sometimes.. (rarely, especially for top secret ninja climbs)!