Stolen Log splitters and Saw bench

Chris Sheppard

Morning Guys,

Went down to the yard yesterday morning to find the gates wide open and the lock ground off - Had a look through the yard and looks like they've taken a PTO saw bench, a Vertical 16 tonne PTO splitter with Hydraulic winch built in - (this is fairly unique as one of the legs is bent at a funny angle where I had a mishap loading it) and also an 18 tonne PTO vertical - this should be even harder to shift as it's the first one of this model in the UK. Can't see anything else missing as yet but they've had a good look around and been in the container too. - they must have been fairly well geared up as the splitters are both around half a tonne each.

These are all brand new and you won't miss them - They are Ballario and Forestello machines - Bright Orange with Blue bits (though the 16 tonner is completely Orange. Will post Serial numbers when I can find them.

These were taken at some point over the weekend from Kingsley in Hampshire (between Alton and Bordon)

If anyone is offered any of the above then please can you let me know - either by PM, email ([email protected]) or phone the office direct on 01420 487300

Chris

Edited by Chris Sheppard

**** Thieving scum. Looks like they came prepared. Is there any chance someone locally saw a HIAB, grab etc.? You probably don't need advising to keep an eye on ubay, Loot, Xchange 'n' Mart etc. You're in a well-to-do area there so I'm sure that if anyone did see anything they'll be happy to help. Fingers crossed for return of the gear: there's a whole lot more to it than just the financial implication isn't there. Sorry to hear your news.

Thanks for the words of support guys, I've scanned some pics below - the sawbench is exactly as per pic - the 18 tonner looks like the 25 tonner in the top left and the 16 tonner looks a fair bit like the 25 tonner in the top right but all orange, no wheels, bent leg and the oil tank is vertical and mounted on one side.

Tried cropping it to fit the page better but it wouldnt get the important bits in :thumbdown:.

There may be bits we haven't noticed gone yet but i'll let you know

ScannedImage-3.jpg.d22d2faa38ab6f7a25eba74b51bd777e.jpg

ScannedImage-2.jpg.a39963f7a5695abddd638d7191bfb907.jpg

Thanks for keeping your eyes open. That one was all above board and bought at the APF.

Still had no news on them so am guessing long gone now - police didn't seem to optimistic as usual.

Worst bit of it is all the hassle afterwards, welding the gates back together, welding a new clasp on the container, all the paperwork and then the Excess on the policy to pay. B**tards.

We always thought if stuff was going to go missing it would be the smaller machines as in theory there would be more people likely to buy them - each of the bigger ones was around half a tonne plus - one did have wheels but they are heavy to move on anything except concrete/tarmac so they must have come with an hiab or something similar - even moved a few bits out of the way to get at them! Funny how they waited until the snow had meleted enough not to leave wheelmarks :sneaky2:

I used to leave my own stuff parked in the woods for all the time I owned it - am sure people had a poke and a prod at it but worst I ever suffered was a handful of pine needles in the tank.

Sign of the times? Maybe.