Hypochondriacs...

Ty Korrigan

Look, I admit, I am not yet a father so go lightly with me on this.:blushing:

I got a call from my collegue to say that his eldest 5year old was too ill to go to school and so he had to stay off work to look after him.

I turned up at his house to see the boy sitting watching t.v and generally playing quietly.

Yes, he has a cold but well enough to play, go shopping with his parents and generally whilst not on form be active.:confused1:

Same tomorrow! That's 2 days lost for a sniffle! :sneaky2:

Call me mean and old fashioned but when I tried to cry off school with belly ache my parents hoofed my out of the door regardless!

Was the 1970's really so tough or am I just being a Grinch on this one.:confused1:

Anyway, 360euros all on my lonesome today so not so bad.:biggrin:

Ty

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both our two (2 and 4) currently have bad colds. On the face of it they look a bit bunged up and bleary eyed but sit quietly and watch the television. What you can't see is that they would normally be racing around the house. The childminder will still take the younger one as she can sleep most of the day, but the older one is at pre-school and they simply haven't got anywhere for her to quietly go to sleep for a couple of hours. Got away with it for the past couple of days by picking her up a bit early, but they may refuse to take her if she isn't better tomorrow.

What you also can't see is that the elder one had a temperature of 39.5 before the Nurofen kicked in.

Alec