What protection do chainsaw gloves offer?

Woodworks

Yes left hand injury, loss of feeling in two fingers after contact with chain. Always wear gloves now, even to bed!! After 3 months the index finger which got caught first has still not healed. It's mindset as well. Only took them off as the wood I has moving was slippery and gloves ended up slimy giving poor grip on handle.

I personally never wear chainsaw gloves.

The old hide stihl ones were positively deadly when wet, used to struggle to hold a ground saw steady.

Use the £1-00 a pair rubberised ones, new pair roughly every week.

Keep two or three pairs of the new stihl one in the trucks for any of the lads who want them, but TBH they hardly get used.

Use gel padded cycling gloves for climbing, used to have a pair of neoprene sailing gloves which were perfect, but can't remember where I got them from

:lol: benefits of old age

Sent from bed using Arbtalk Mobile App

I never wear chainsaw gloves unless I'm being assessed/training. I like the look of the Lidl offerings though!. As has been said, the are class 0..not going to do much against a 25m/s chain...safe handling is the best protection you can get. Keep your hands warm with a pair of gripper gloves and save yourself a few quid mate...

Carving one of those little xmas trees and combination of slimy gloves, workpiece not secured properly and a degree of stupidity. I managed to take my hand off the saw to catch the workpiece as it moved and let the chain do the damage. I'm still not sure whether the brake was on, the machine running or just the weight of the falling saw as it happened really fast. Lots of blood and has just been annoying. Managed to get back playing my guitars but don't think i'll be giving steve vai any sleepless nights now.

I posted the damage on another thread but here it is again with what it looks like now.

Please wear gloves or at least don't be a doughnut like me!!!

FingerFeb20.jpg.90f1e7b396a3adb502ef60cc258ed53d.jpg

597663a0dadce_sarefinger.jpg.5eab97f70040ccc8ac97bfda73ddc443.jpg