cs 30 31

Dnolan9

Im taking my cs 30, 31 tomorrow at college and im really trying my best to study for it but while im studying ive came across some things in the assesment criteria that I am struggling to remember so im just wondering could anyone on here point me in the right direction on:

legal constraints in relation to tree felling like felling licenses, TPO's , conservation areas , wildlife and countryside act

and any general tips on how the assesment goes would be greatly appriciated.

thanks

Im taking my cs 30, 31 tomorrow at college and im really trying my best to study for it but while im studying ive came across some things in the assesment criteria that I am struggling to remember so im just wondering could anyone on here point me in the right direction on:

legal constraints in relation to tree felling like felling licenses, TPO's , conservation areas , wildlife and countryside act

and any general tips on how the assesment goes would be greatly appriciated.

thanks

Just done mine dude :)

Just chill take it easy and don't stress, most of the assessors are sensible guys.

Legal constraints.

It just means, that in certain situations you may need to take into account for permission to fell on certain sites/trees etc.

Example, tree with TPO you must apply to the council before you can carry out the work.

Wildlife, just say " nesting birds and bats etc" xD!

Conservation acts, areas of natural beauty and or natural interest are all sort of self explanatory.

Just take your time, they know your new to it all. they just want to see safe, confident work.

Good luck dude :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Surely its still more important to get the cuts and practical aspects like sharpening right. So long as you know that TPO's, felling licenses, Conservation Areas, etc exist and you need to ask about them you should be OK. You're being assessed on your competence to fell trees and work a chainsaw, not apply for all the relevant licenses and permissions.

Be aware of the legal stuff, but make sure your cuts are right.

Oh, and good luck, hope it goes well.

Hi I know this assessor his name is Matt George. He has been in this game for years as an instructor he taught me at moulton. He is also a climber for his own firm. He has just got assessor tickets as I'm sure jess has told you he will be thorough about safety. Even if your tree sits back which happened to me it's how you get out of it that matters. If you can safely get saw out at minimal risk you will be fine and there is some lenience with cuts