anyone into bonsai?

TreePuncher

the guy in the video above is the fella who works/owns(?) kaizen bonsai, where my tree came from, looking forward to seeing those pics rebel_commando, also happy birthday!

a 16 year old larch bonsai is quite impressive by itself, despite what it looks like lol, im just hoping i get a few months out of mine lol

im glad there are a few other keen people out there :thumbup1:

noticed a few yellow leaves on mine today, the help sheet which came with it said its normal after a tree has been moved from its usual spot...would hate to think its in trouble already..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wicked, love that shape :thumbup1:

my help sheet says

"your tree will arrive sufficiently damp in the soil, becasue the tree is dormant it will not be using alot of moistureso only water if the soil surface feels dry. in a cool spot in winter with the tree dormant you may only need to water every 5-10 days, always be guided by the colour and feel of the soil, if it feels dry..water, otherwise wait. once active growth begins it will be necessary to increase watering fequency"

Great pics and great setup Mick. Was he automatically irrigating? Shading is a crucial part of outdoor bonsai growing.

All this bonsai talk is just what I need to get my collection sorted out and displayed in a suitable manner. Once the bedding plants are done mind!!!!

a little update,

the tree i purchased is flourishing, new growth all over, wont be long and it will be ready for a little prune.

i attached this picture purely because it was so interesting, the effort and imagination it just incredible. but something about the picture makes me wonder wether its real or not, it all looks good around the tree, but where it comes out the pot looks a little photoshopped

bonsai02.jpg.6e234d941a193b606f52dce8ca141abb.jpg