vehicle check lists

jaime bray

For mechanical lifting gear it's all covered when you do the tickets anyway. It's always down to the operator to check and recheck the daily stuff and all relevant checks have been made by him or a mechanic if work has been done to the machines, same as driving someone else's car, If the tyres are knackerd its down to the current driver to check them.

I had a tough job years ago when I done my cpcs tickets for 360 as it was all changing and getting updated. Trying the keep up with health and safety is a nightmare and I still get bits and pieces through the post now.

The actuall chances of having to use PUWER sheets for lifting machines in arb is non existent as they are hire machines and they should be done anyway. Doing them to the extent of the yearly checks is for the owner of the machines. I have not been on any one piece of machine long enough to have to do the yearly ones expet for tractors.

Any vehicle has an mot and that is usually more than enough for a legal reason unless its a crane.

This is all about machines as I don't have a clue about manual lift gear as I don't use it.

mine gets checked every 12wk , by some one compitent ,:biggrin:

worth getting this done by someone who will raise you a bill and sign a piece of paper for you.

Might just save ya arse if something goes wrong.

Dont forget the trailer ,tow chipper as well.

The driver of any and not just an hgv commercial vehicle are supposed to check it and any trailed part before you start to drive as it is the drivers responsibility .it is the driver that gets all the fines as well your meant to visually check all that is done on an mot

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App