What chainsaw for a newbie (girl)

razor

Stihl 261 or Husky 550 ? difficult choice. Sharing parts pool or a bit of friendly rivalry ? My only suggestion is to get your new saw with a semi-chisel chain as well as a full chisel. The semi-chisel chain is less aggressive in the cut and will build confidence. When comfortable the full chisel goes on for your assessment day :thumbup:

She don't need a semi ...She is up for it ! :thumbup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You look about the same build as me tell your husband your gonna borrow his saw for a couple of days and see how you get on I use my Stihl 261 all day long with no problems once your toned up and used to it you wont even notice it but you wont know unless you get your hands on it lol, if im not using that I use an old husky 365 which I find feel more weighty not sure if it is or if its just my imagination good luck with your cs tickets also :)

Update:

I have managed to pursuade my husband to let me have a training session with the infamous 261. My PPE is on order and if all goes well, I'll have a go at the weekend... Looking forward to that!

Thanks for all the input!

Little does he know I'm actually called Frank!! :sneaky2:

Thats your bluff though, sitting there pretending to be a guy, pretending to be a girl, when you are a girl.... I've got your number.

Joking aside, let us know how it gos on over the weekend, I'm interested in your feedback on the saw as you sound as though you are as green as me.