How much to renew? Don't think so.

Rich2484

Had my renewal quote on post today for the disco.

I was expecting a slight jump in cost but its over doubled. That's with no claims for the year....

And they say the gov are blood suckers.... It stupid.

They know that now everything we own has to be insured so they take the complete mick in doing it. I hate ins companies.

It's damn right criminal. And I have found a new quote from someone else for the same amount I paid last year... Guess I will be changing this year.

Rant over. :001_cool:

Had my renewal quote on post today for the disco.

I was expecting a slight jump in cost but its over doubled. That's with no claims for the year....

And they say the gov are blood suckers.... It stupid.

They know that now everything we own has to be insured so they take the complete mick in doing it. I hate ins companies.

It's damn right criminal. And I have found a new quote from someone else for the same amount I paid last year... Guess I will be changing this year.

Rant over. :001_cool:

i had same with my fleet policy.. Paid £5700 no claims accidents or convictions in that yr then tried puttin it up to £7000... Broker got more quotes and got it for £3800 with diff company.. Had same with my artic. No claims in yr and same broker couldn't get it any less than previous yr. so they halved their commission and did it £100 cheaper.

It does pay to swap, but watch out for one trick I nearly got caught by.

Companies all operate different policies on maximum no-claims bonus. If you have a long no-claims bonus (say 9yrs) and swap to a company with a 3yr maximum, when you move again at the end of the year and are looking for new quotes, you only have 3yrs no-claims to move from your current insurer. This means you can't always get as good a deal.

However, your old insurer will usually hold over your no-claims bonus for a number of years without you renewing with them. This means you can get a renewal quote from them which is still valid, and the information on which your policy is quoted will come with it. This is the evidence you need of proof of no claims.

So, as long as every couple of years you go back to a company with a long no-claims maximum, you can retain access to whole of market.

Alec (who has just done this and got away with keeping 9yrs worth of bonus)

It doesn't pay to stay with the same company any more. Just keep swapping

Beat me to it,never stay with the same company, you get new customer prices. i use compare the market and just get the cheapest as long as its got protected no claims & legal cover. Amazing how the prices vary

Yep that who I just looked at. I like swapping the prices form highest to lowest to see what was the most expensive and have a good laugh at it.

The highest on mine was £2284. That's without any extras. So no, windscreen, legal, courtesy car, personal accident, breakdown and an excess of £225.

For a 1990 disco. I paid just over the excess for it in the first place.

And I get a free meerkat teddy aswell :thumbup:

I hate insurance companies its just hassle every time a renewal comes around the 4x4 is bad enough I am dreading what this years renewal will be for mine as they upped the womens insurance and so far its not hit me think mines due in march :/will probably have a fit when it comes through and will be straight online getting quotes elsewhere