Camping weekend in Suffolk.

eggsarascal

No particular tree springs to mind but Arger Fen and Assington Thicks both have a good mix of species, ecologies, management etc. Good for a walk with climbing gear on the off chance. I'll give you a call around lunchtime and we'll organise something for the afternoon.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what sort of thing people will be up for but I'll probably end up at one or both of the above two tomorrow (Saturday). People welcome to join or pitch up as they like.

Parking:

Arger Fen - Gravel laybys at TL930353.

Assington Thicks - Layby at TL934380 or farm shop car park 300m south.

For Sunday, there's a good cafe (Wally's Cafe - TL884458) not far from Long Melford. Breakfast and then a look at a few woods north of Kentwell Hall (park near circular building at TL863477) maybe?

All just ideas. It's eggsarascal's party so happy to go with his plans.

Just a quick note to anyone that is coming over and camping this afternoon, can you please not turn up before 3pm. By then I should have done what I need to do at home and collected Paul (Silky Fox) from the train station. Will be good to meet up with Arbtalkers old and new.

Just like to say a big thank you to Mr & Mrs Eggs for being such great hosts. Really didn't expect dinner, bed and breakfast, much appreciated.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Likewise. Very nice folks.

Sorry Jon you Couldn't make it this weekend

Maybe we could all meet up with jon at the AA show.

If you don't want to camp, an old friend of mine has a hotel in Crudwell which is less than 10 miles from the show. I was thinking of staying there.