Are they mad?!

Jonny Burch

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped a couple of loads of logs off on the way home to a local pub tonight. They had some earlier in the week that I explained were slightly wetter than I was happy with (28-30%) but was all I could sort at the time...(long story!)

The loads tonight were both 20% MC. "Oh, could we have some of the wetter logs please? We prefer them as they take longer to burn!"

Don't get customers sometimes...

make a point of going to this pub asking for a pint when ya finished goto the bar and ask for a pint that lasts longer at the same price!!

that might make them think!!

we get this in a local pub. did a couple of loads of super dry beech last yr as the regular bloke had a hernia.

what wa sleft of his wood (soaked oak from a ditch) was outside in a puddle under a tarp.

we put two loads in and the guy compined as ours didn't last as long as the usual guy.

the usual guy still puts wood in there, stacked outside the pub against the wall in the rain. wetter than when it was split i reckon.

i just cant enjoy my pint hearing a log hissing on the fire.....

Skyhuck is right - we only fell Jan to March for firewood, stack as limbs for a season then log for the following Winter. They're in rows on pallets to let the Sun and wind at them. Once the sap's out it doesn't matter how wet they get, they'll burn on a decent fire. Kindling on the other hand. . . .

have one pub i took him cracking dry beech he left it outside to get wet complained wood was wet yes you left it outside. now got someone else supplying wood just as wet and its mouldy. was local no more. all my pub logs now go in big bags with cover to go over. all like it and keep taking more.

I used to deliver to a pub where he was specifically asking for it not to be dry. The logs were kept outside with no cover over them either. I don't deliver there now as I was bothered about someone thinking I supply wet logs!

I took a load to another pub last week and they were really pleased they had got dry logs as everyone else they'd tried brought them wet.