Anyone go out feed the birds in garden

mendiplogs

Jon were have all my finches gone mate ?? Got 2x wild bird seed feeder , 1x long peanut feeder , 1x fat ball feeder , 1x sun flower heart feeder , and 1x niger seed ( thistle ) feeder . Used t get Gold finches , Chaffinches , ans occasional Bull finch , Long tailed Tits , Blue and Great Tits and the odd Green finch . All I get now are Sparrows and Starlings !

Hi stubby I'm just thinking the same mate no goldfinches here there is blackbirds house sparrows blue tits Fanny and I Garceta here for the goldfinches thanks Jon come on bath

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Birch tree in the garden and there are always Goldfinches in it at some point during the day. They also like teasels when they are dried out and brown so I encourage a few of those to grow as well.

I have a Birch tree in the garden and there are always Goldfinches in it at some point during the day. They also like teasels when they are dried out and brown so I encourage a few of those to grow as well.

Hi pea that's were they go mate I've seen loads out in the Fields there's now some pigeons up to in the old oak tree over the road thanks John

Jon were have all my finches gone mate ?? Got 2x wild bird seed feeder , 1x long peanut feeder , 1x fat ball feeder , 1x sun flower heart feeder , and 1x niger seed ( thistle ) feeder . Used t get Gold finches , Chaffinches , ans occasional Bull finch , Long tailed Tits , Blue and Great Tits and the odd Green finch . All I get now are Sparrows and Starlings !

Magpies again I reckon. Note - don't fill feeders at this time of year; the little birds don't need it and the ruddy mags (and pigeons but don't mind them) come to where a) the wee birds are and then b) carry on on the feeders once they've wiped out the songbirds.

Yea I noticed that last year . Got a birch out front and they were all over it for the little seeds .

Magpies again I reckon. Note - don't fill feeders at this time of year; the little birds don't need it and the ruddy mags (and pigeons but don't mind them) come to where a) the wee birds are and then b) carry on on the feeders once they've wiped out the songbirds.

Hi Jon yes the MAGPIES been around here mate there a night mere thanks Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all The house sparrow are back in garden 👍👍❤️❤️❤️ Swallows to blackbirds chaffinches on the Robin ❤️❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍👍thanks Jon

Lots of Goldfinches up my way, along with Greenfinches,they love Sunflower hearts. The starlings won't touch them, though. I used to put suet pellets out, but the Starlings would come down in a big flock, wolf the lot down and sh*t everywhere!

Heres a list of regular birds on our feeders

Chaffinch

Goldfinch

Nuthatch

Blue tit

Great tit

Coal tit

Robin

Collared dove

Blackbird

Song Thrush

Siskin

G S Woodpecker

L S Woodpecker

Occasionally Redpoll

The usual magpie, jackdaw, swallow, House martin, wren, pheasants visit the garden, also 8 red squirrels (3 of which are this years young) and a stoat

We

Heres a list of regular birds on our feeders

Chaffinch

Goldfinch

Nuthatch

Blue tit

Great tit

Coal tit

Robin

Collared dove

Blackbird

Song Thrush

Siskin

G S Woodpecker

L S Woodpecker

Occasionally Redpoll

The usual magpie, jackdaw, swallow, House martin, wren, pheasants visit the garden, also 8 red squirrels (3 of which are this years young) and a stoat

We

Hi there mate you have loads there well done 👍thanks Jon