Desease Help..!?

Oak Oracle

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks more than bud proliferation to me. I can't see properly from the picture but the cambiun appears necrotic in the second pic and I'm not sure if the white patch is snow or mycelium?

Unfortunately not its a type of fungi,, i assume. I did check that as i wondered if that question may come up.

Like you say the cambium is defiantly rot and it seems to of been that way for a while. it falls away at the slightest touch. :thumbdown:

What are you thoughts on its life span past this stage? Removal? I am slightly concerned about where the house is in relation to it.

Cheers for your comments.

Its very hard to give a 100% diagnosis and prognosis from a few blurry photographs, we can only offer advice on past instances and what books may say. If your really concerned, maybe ask someone on here local to you, to come and have a look first hand:biggrin:

Its very hard to give a 100% diagnosis and prognosis from a few blurry photographs, we can only offer advice on past instances and what books may say. If your really concerned, maybe ask someone on here local to you, to come and have a look first hand:biggrin:

On the case! thanks for all the comments, very helpful! have a good week end

the ash has ash canker as rainford suggested, the chestnut has bud proiferation,as robin says and possibly canker forming at the basal area that is the sight of rabbit damage, hence the decay of exposed heart/ripewoods, the decay is NOT associated with the symptoms around its edges. the rot and the visual symptoms are two different things altogether.

What he said..

the ash has ash canker as rainford suggested, the chestnut has bud proiferation,as robin says and possibly canker forming at the basal area that is the sight of rabbit damage, hence the decay of exposed heart/ripewoods, the decay is NOT associated with the symptoms around its edges. the rot and the visual symptoms are two different things altogether.

Tony's correct. Its difficult also seeing a picture out of context with the surroundings and knowing some history of the site. The basal damage may have arisen from rabbits or mowing/strimming damage, who can tell. Old stumps may indicate or suggest honey fungus is prevalent. So many variables.

Thanks for getting that on here, how do you make it display on the forum?:blushing:

Right click on your image where its hosted, select view image in new tab or window. Copy the entire address of the image. Then post on here and select the Image icon (its yellow and looks like two mountains with a sun) and paste the link. Submit and hey presto your hosted image is shown here :thumbup:

Right click on your image where its hosted, select view image in new tab or window. Copy the entire address of the image. Then post on here and select the Image icon (its yellow and looks like two mountains with a sun) and paste the link. Submit and hey presto your hosted image is shown here :thumbup:

Thanks for that, think i got the hang of it now. :thumbup1: