What saw for £400ish?

pie eater pete

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the 550 sort of the replacement for the 346 Chris? I tried a 346 briefly and seemed great

It is indeed - imagine a 346 that feels lighter, slimmer and goes better and you're about there:thumbup1:

Doing my accounts the other day and I realised I've had mine for just over 11 months now. It's not been out much since the Autumn but over the spring and summer was out a fair bit and it's been fine.

As someone else said, the 560 isn't much more expensive really (or much heavier than a 346) and is fairly bonkers in how much torque it's got. I can't really justify a 560 at the mo as have three 60cc saws already but it's on the shopping list once we get back felling properly again.

£595 for the 560 with 15"

£496.99 for the 550 with 15"

Husqvarna 560XP chainsaw (59.8cc) | F R Jones and Son

Husqvarna 550XP chainsaw (50.1cc) | F R Jones and Son

the 455 rancher what i said about earlier seems alright too

could also get a 365 xtorq and take the baffles out the transfers thus making it almost a 372xp

The chap in the shop couldn't recommend a 251 highly enough as a medium saw we use ours for ringing up 20 inch dia oak with sharp chain it rips through it. We're running 18 inch bar

It must be awesome if at 45cc it can cut 20" Oak convincingy - I'd be reaching for something more like 70cc ideally.....