Helmet Cam help

kierangurney

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GoPro has a built in LCD screen, if you buy it as an extra.

I'm surprised Ian Flatters isn't all over this thread.

If it is an optional extra, it is not built in :sneaky2:

It makes the GoPro even more bulky.

Another Drift innovation helmet cam advantage is the wrist-band remote control that is included.

Edited by morten

Just got the gopro hero 3 black, comes with wifi remote and various helmet attachments and theres loads of optional extras . Had a play with it today and i am extreamley impressed.You can also download a app so you can alter settings and watch whilst filming on your iPhone or iPad and control stop and start recording.look on YouTube at video filmed with the gopro hero 3 black 2 elements - Air and Water . Awesome

If it is an optional extra, it is not built in :sneaky2:

It makes the GoPro even more bulky.

Another Drift innovation helmet cam advantage is the wrist-band remote control that is included.

a friend of mine bought the drift and he wishes he had of bought a gopro, there so much more versatile, yes you have to buy the extras but you pay for quality, and if you wanna pay abit more for the hero 3 theres even more you can do with it! its all down to preference tho!

a friend of mine bought the drift and he wishes he had of bought a gopro, there so much more versatile, yes you have to buy the extras but you pay for quality, and if you wanna pay abit more for the hero 3 theres even more you can do with it! its all down to preference tho!

I do believe you are right about the GoPro being a better camera (image quality). The Drift wins on form-factor, though.

Hmm a shoot out between the top 3 I think would be ace.

I am interested in one of these for snowboarding.

Contour seems to be the best featured and most flexible for mounts and seems to boast best camera image.

GoPro has the marketing and advertising and similar tech to Contour

Drift seems to be a combo of them both with less on the camera tech.

Not looked at prices yet but so far I am leaning to the Contour and I think that is because as a photographer the long barrel appeals more than a square shape.

arse lol something else to research to death !

Can arbtalk get all 3 of these in for testing? :thumbup1: