Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

Thanks for the info Fungus, and thanks for being one step ahead of me with the observations Sloth.

Will be interested to return to site to look at butt of fallen section - that habitat pile might need to go though! - and to get up a ladder and see what's going on up there around the branch union. More pics to follow i expect.

Just one last question from the back of the class Gerrit, any advice in terms of a clean up?

Thanks.

im a bit confused by this one, i cant remember the name tony mentioned when we spotted it.

Ive looked through my books and i come to the Amethyst Deceiver - Laccaria amethystina?

Not thought of comparing your gut feeling with the directory then ? :001_rolleyes:

968 other people did :001_tt2:

If she wants the species in her pictures identified, more information is needed on the habitat (tree species) and the macroscopical characteristics of the species, that are not visible in the photo's :thumbup1: . Otherwise she'll get answers like there is a bolete in three of your pictures :001_huh: .

Thank you Gerrit, you are trying to get her to spend my money on microscopes and stuff like that aren't you :lol:

Tree those were sat under were oaks. I will try to teach her to take pictures of the right bit - gills, stalk etc first. The techy stuff will come later. I am unsure if she does this for me or if she 'really' wants to know it all just yet - she is only 6! However, she sits with me while I scroll through ARBTALK and I hear the wows and oooohs as we look at the pictures - all good stuff in my book - she could turn out to be the new 'Gerrit' so look out!! :thumbup1:

you are trying to get her to spend my money on microscopes and stuff like that aren't you. Tree those were sat under were oaks. I will try to teach her to take pictures of the right bit - gills, stalk etc first.

I said macroscopical, not microscopical characteristics, so you can keep your money in your pocket until she really gets into mushrooms :001_tongue::biggrin::001_rolleyes: .