Protected oak

Acg128

A customer has asked me to remove an oak tree 10 foot from his bungalow it's just the other side of his fence all he knows is it protected as he had someone come in to fell two others and the council rocked up and stopped all works due to permission not being granted. His reason for removal is cracks appearing in the wall of his property nearest the tree.. On the application form as I'm sure your aware if the reasons for any works to be taken out are due to subsidence etc you need to have a survey done, anyone know what they may cost? Or what other reasons I could give for the fell.

Thanks in advance.

:thumbup:

Another point to bear in mind is that if the tree is causing subsidence, simply removing it and doing nothing else could exacerbate the problem due to heave or just the fact the foundations are cracked and need a proper looking at.

If there are cracks in the wall (as opposed to superficial cracks in the plaster) it will need qualified advice one way or another.

Had a quote for £200 for the survey.. It's a hard one.. I'll have to see if the customer wants survey done, the survey doesn't necessarily mean that once complete its going to allow the fell to go ahead does it..

What would you do?!

Cheers

Hey ash , do you know a called who runs arbor sense (I think that's it) drives a silver pickup can't rember his name really nice bloke you would have seen him in Eastbourne I would of thought he does all that survey stuff but as others have said but of a tricky area , all the best

Hello, I can't work out who you are as pic isn't clear! Arbor sense is who quoted me :thumbup1:

Another point to bear in mind is that if the tree is causing subsidence, simply removing it and doing nothing else could exacerbate the problem due to heave or just the fact the foundations are cracked and need a proper looking at.

If there are cracks in the wall (as opposed to superficial cracks in the plaster) it will need qualified advice one way or another.

Exactly my first thoughts when I compile reports for these reasons. It's a can of worms for anyone without the correct knowledge.

Best advice to the OP, regardless of your involvement in this, make sure you are legally insulated before you say anything verbally or in writing.

Exactly my first thoughts when I compile reports for these reasons. It's a can of worms for anyone without the correct knowledge.

Best advice to the OP, regardless of your involvement in this, make sure you are legally insulated before you say anything verbally or in writing.

Can of worms I won't be opening, I'll give him the price for survey.. If he goes with it ill put application in if not ill walk away. :001_smile: