security bollards

jose

The best system is an alarm which runs off the mobile phone network, and can alert you and/or a security guard to any suspicious activity. CCTV is no use unless you want a grainy video of them dragging your chipper out with balaclavas on.

Gsm security alarm, mobile alarms, mobile alarm systems, gsm alarms, burglar alarm, intruder alarm, boating equipment, yacht equipment, home protection

Not a fancy website but Gerry knows his stuff and is super helpful. Best thing I ever bought is our alarm system. About £500 all in including four sensors and fitting, and it works a treat. Set and disarm it via text message. The only running cost is the sim card which you choose- just find the best deal you can to get the number of texts you think you will use in a month. No expensive monitoring contract, no waiting for the police to pull their finger out. It texts you, rings you to wake you up, then off you go to kick some ***** butt :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been attempting to explain to a few deluded locals that their £50.00/£100.00 "hi security" Abloy padlocks are worthless when the thieves turn up with a couple of cordless angle grinders fitted with "plasma" discs.

Especially if fitted to a mild steel padbolt on a rickity shed door.:lol:

I have been attempting to explain to a few deluded locals that their £50.00/£100.00 "hi security" Abloy padlocks are worthless when the thieves turn up with a couple of cordless angle grinders fitted with "plasma" discs.

Especially if fitted to a mild steel padbolt on a rickity shed door.:lol:

Dewalt have a lot to answer for!

Can you triangulate the signal yourself?

Yes, there are various tracker apps that work off a mobile signal, meaning you could check up on your chipper position from your smart-phone if you wanted. Google it, there's loads of info out there.

There are stories of people getting stuff back which is quite nice, too.

Yes, there are various tracker apps that work off a mobile signal, meaning you could check up on your chipper position from your smart-phone if you wanted. Google it, there's loads of info out there.

There are stories of people getting stuff back which is quite nice, too.

Locate a Mobile Phone Online? ? Your Questions Answered ? Kno-Where

Quick overview. As I suspected, triangulation is not much cop out in the sticks. And if your leaving a GPS smartphone with better accuracy in the machine, why not just buy a proper GPS tracker?

Locate a Mobile Phone Online? ? Your Questions Answered ? Kno-Where

Quick overview. As I suspected, triangulation is not much cop out in the sticks. And if your leaving a GPS smartphone with better accuracy in the machine, why not just buy a proper GPS tracker?

Like I said, not ideal but it's an option. Even in rural areas, if you can tell the police the location of your kit to within 5km, that's a darn site better than saying 'it was in Eastbourne 24 hours ago' or whatever. If there's a ***** family in that circle of probability then they're going to be the first ones getting a knock.

all good idea's fella's. I'll be fitting a tracker on my chipper and immobilisers on the trucks. If they want my gear, they will take it, all I can do is make it as hard as possible for them. I like the idea of descending on thieves like an avenging demon using a tracker..but sadly, it ain't gonna happen...shame though!:sneaky2:

everytime I go on arbtalk (and this is without logging on), my Norton antivirus is blocking repeated attacks from Arb related websites. Is this a cookie thing, or is something more sinister afoot on arbtalk?!:001_huh: