security bollards

jose

Toying with fitting some of the ones that drop into the ground fitted inside my lock up( has a concrete base).

Was wondering if anybody has much experience with them, more in that will they stop a gypsie that backs up to the lock up and breaks in, will it stop my chipper from going?

from previous experience i had a container broken in where they backed up to it and sing a chain and hook and simply ripped off the iron box welded over the lock to hinder access and then sawed through the lock.

are the posts any good incase a similar method is used?

Many thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're determined enough and can make as much noise as they like without getting noticed it doesn't matter what you do.

I always think you'd be better off with a red care alarm which alerts the police and some kind of self closing and locking gate which stops them escaping.

Add to that a noisy alarm, flashing lights, a tannoy system and some CCTV and you could have a proper laugh at their expense while they try to escape....

Trapped panicking tea leaves on YouTube. Like.

If they're determined enough and can make as much noise as they like without getting noticed it doesn't matter what you do.

I always think you'd be better off with a red care alarm which alerts the police and some kind of self closing and locking gate which stops them escaping.

Add to that a noisy alarm, flashing lights, a tannoy system and some CCTV and you could have a proper laugh at their expense while they try to escape....

Trapped panicking tea leaves on YouTube. Like.

Yep.:thumbup::thumbup:

I have a loud alarm which has the flashing lights. its motion sensor and also instand contact breaker so the second you get in its off. have neighbours looking over it too but unfortunatley this doesnt man much.

looking into cctv but have this thing in my head that the police dont care even if they r caught on film. this is reinforced by a thread where someone is having wood nicked, got them on film but the police r just not interested in pursuing.

unfortunatley there is public access to the building at all times. we kind of work on a more of a out of site principal as from the outside there is nothing to give away whats inside.

as my old boss used to say, you are not going to stop the theves as such all you can do is create as many obsticles as you can to prevent kit from being stolen. we used to have a few pull out bollards but sometime the bottoms filled up with water and in the cold weather froze it would be a nightmare. good for blocking in though.

Security needs to be like an 'onion'- loads of layers of deterent. Gates so they can't see what's there. Locks, bollards, dog?, alarms etc.

I'm afraid the best system is live monitored CCTV. Not cheap, but police will respond to these monitored by security firms- CamWatch/JCB, Chubb, etc.

A lot of industrial yards around us use these systems, or build your own to smartphone?

Security needs to be like an 'onion'- loads of layers of deterent. Gates so they can't see what's there. Locks, bollards, dog?, alarms etc.

I'm afraid the best system is live monitored CCTV. Not cheap, but police will respond to these monitored by security firms- CamWatch/JCB, Chubb, etc.

A lot of industrial yards around us use these systems, or build your own to smartphone?

We have access to our CCTV via our smartphones. Brilliant invention!