Glove preferences

Hill-Billy

I realise the topic of work gloves is a thorny issue but what are the tried and tested best buys guys? I seem to have a different type of glove for every occasion/job but rarely do they do the job well and just as soon as I find a make of glove that hits the spot I - yeh, you gueesed it - lose one or both hands. :001_tt2:

i use welding gauntlets from tool station for hedgeing only £3 but do the job yet to get thorn in my hand wearing them and after a wear become soft and very usable. bit thick though for chainsaw work. i use a glove which is rubber palmed so plenty of grip with a cotton back cut 3,s they are called.

i use welding gauntlets from tool station for hedgeing only £3 but do the job yet to get thorn in my hand wearing them and after a wear become soft and very usable. bit thick though for chainsaw work. i use a glove which is rubber palmed so plenty of grip with a cotton back cut 3,s they are called.

bet u wish you were wearing them the other day when you put billhook in your hand lol. I find welding gloves good too, but like you say, you cant operate chainsaw any sense with them on.

Yeh, gauntlets are good, rubber palmed gloves are great for handling slippery wet brash and logs on the ground but the super-dooper all-rounder - good for climbing and on the ground glove is...too much to ask for i know but....I used to wear the finger-less gloves for climbing but my index and fore-finger were getting torn to ribbons.:thumbdown:

bet u wish you were wearing them the other day when you put billhook in your hand lol. I find welding gloves good too, but like you say, you cant operate chainsaw any sense with them on.

thats what is galling normally use my gauntlets but that day did not wear them as had two left hand gloves in truck. found the right hand one now. to late. that make me do a check list proper before leaving for work.

still hand is slightly better wife took off finger stool and put a padded bandage over hand have some movement now without it pulling but got a job to do much went to woods today stood there like a foreman can not lift anything. and i go back to work Monday luckily son in law is not working at present so is going to help me this week. i will wear my gloves from now on.:blushing:

Wells larmont leather gloves for thorny stuff. I've just been trying Click / Warrior off Ebay good all rounder for conifer hedge cutting, moving logs and climbing. Most gloves I have tried in the pasted I manage to pull holes in fingers and palms when climbing but no on these ones just wear them out.

Cutter gloves in the dry - comfortable, good thorn resistance but very slippery when they get wet.

Traffi gloves when it's wet - grippy but much less thorn resistant. Cheap enough to by several pairs and put dry ones on after after stopping for a break for a touch of luxury!