Recommend me - an entry level Pro saw

Johnnyboxer

First things first. Does your nearest supplier stock Husky or Stihl?

Then narrow it down. I know Stihl have a years warranty even for professional use so if you have any issues in that time you can get it sorted.

We have a few of the 261s and one of them is a bit crappy but then it has had a brutal life. It's the saw of choice as it has plently of grunt and it's light. As with most of our saws we run them with the mid sized bar recommended for the saw. This gives good length without straining the engine.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first. Does your nearest supplier stock Husky or Stihl?

Then narrow it down. I know Stihl have a years warranty even for professional use so if you have any issues in that time you can get it sorted.

We have a few of the 261s and one of them is a bit crappy but then it has had a brutal life. It's the saw of choice as it has plently of grunt and it's light. As with most of our saws we run them with the mid sized bar recommended for the saw. This gives good length without straining the engine.

Good advice, still twitchy though.....................wish I could find a new or good MS260

Does the MS250 have metal casings?:confused1:

no dont think so...

That's that out the window then

I've been using saws for nearly 20 years now and until the last couple of years was a stihl man through and through but husky have really caught my eye. I use a 372xp and am very, very happy with it. From what you have said you need the saw for I'd try to get a good second hand 346xp or treat yourself to a new 560xp. You won't regret it.

Oh and don't think there is such a thing as an entry level pro saw . It's either a pro saw or its not, no matter what size the power head is and how long or short the bar is . Just my thinking .

Sorry, what I was meaning was - the best in the starting level price for a Pro Saw, with

Metal cases

Better filtration

Sturdier

Bigger pitch chain/bar

More power

all with an ability to run 2 bars, say 18" and a 13", so one saw could cover me needs