pick up

carpenter1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just to say now my navara is fixed with new engine its a cracking truck good on fuel. must be doing 40mpg on a journey. good pulling power. downside back part for passengers small the cab on pick up bit is a pain to get on and off and weights a ton. so may go for a ifor ali one. pick up part is not that big strimmer only just goes in at a angle. but apart from these niggles. will go most places. not got stuck yet. touch wood.

My Navara has been fairly terrible. My friend and I each got a new leased pickup at the same time nearly two years ago. Mines been to the garage almost 20 times, his (a Hilux) has only been in twice - once for a service, the other time because a Fed Ex van drove into the front of him.

If you can live with the lower tow capacity, get a Hilux.

Personally, I'm done with pickups - when I get shot of the Navara I'm getting a VW Touareg 5 litre V10 TDI. 313bhp and a 3.5t tow capacity for 24mpg. Yes please!

which navara the d40 or d22 i have the d22 yd25 engine and they go bang as mine did cost 5k to have it repaired so beware of d22 yd 25 models unless it has a new engine.

as other posts what you need it for. toyota are good bomb proof but find a second hand one like hens teeth. keep there price. ford/mazda good trucks.

look at there payload,towing capacity.engine size, double cab king cab.

its endless some of the trucks when you look into them big truck but poor for towing. and poor payload. new VW aroak only a 2ltr engine for a big truck one of the biggest i seen why such a small engine.

D40. I know of the issues with the old D22. Have had no problem with the new ones though. The latest model(last couple of years) also has the solid clutch fitted as standard unlike the previous ones which were known to burn clutches when heavy towing.