My silky hand saw is too sharp

elwapo

Surely everyone has to do that though? If your handsaw is on say your left either on your harness or in a saw pod and your cutting to your right then you'll need to get it across. I try to pass it under my line whenever I can.

I know its real obvious but everyone should also be aware that the cutters on a non-running chainsaw can still do a lot of damage/failure to a rope.

No they don’t, just put the saw on the side of your dominant hand then there is no reason to bring the saw across your body.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So me being right handed I have mine on my right ... how would I cut a branch on my left without bringing it across me? :confused1:

Not being awkward lol I just don't understand what you're saying :001_smile:

Proper work positioning, you would turn your body so that you aren’t waving bladed implements around near life critical areas.

Its not inconceivable that you will bring the saw across your body to make a cut to the left but it will be an occasional occurrence, if the saw is stored on the opposite side to the dominant hand you have to bring it across the body each time you use it and each time you stow it

Elwapo, you say people didn't read your post properly. You stuck a saw into your arm, fair enough it was only a few pin pricks and drops of blood this time. So you learned from your experience that if you "follow through" you can catch yourself with your saw, and this led you to change what? Nothing.

I don't think I'm being overly dramatic to any that due to learning nothing, your confidence will increase, you take even bigger risks and really cut yourself or your rope. There are far too many "accidents" occur in the workplace that are avoidable, I'd hate to see you become a statistic because no one pointed out the flaw in your work practise.

We are only trying to help.