Watch this before you drink and drive.

GardenKit

I would like to share a personal experience with everyone about the dangers of drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well two days ago I was out for an evening at Weatherspoons with friends and had several beers followed by some rather nice Gin & Tonics.

Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit and that's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a taxi home.

Sure enough on the way home down Spencer Avenue there was a police road block but since it was a taxi they waved it past and so I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise to me as I had never driven a taxi before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it

I just copied and pasted this! Made me laugh!

Thing you are most guilty of there eggs, is admitting you've been to weatherspoons lol

People just don't get it. They don't believe that their judgement is impaired at all. The law should clearly state, no alcohol in the blood stream if you want to drive.

That video is shocking, yet should be shown at prime time viewing. This message must get through to people somehow.

I had a drunk plough into the back of me on a motorway in roadworks last year, I was doing 40 (the limit at the time) and from seeing him way waaaaay back getting closer and closer, I think he must have still been doing 70 when he hit us. I lost control and was on course for a roadsign but ended up missing it and going down a small embankment into a load of Fallopia japonica. We both got out the car with me fine and my passenger minor injuries from a flying can of Monster to the face. My Technics 1200's on the backseat we fairly trashed.

The bloke who hit us, in a Vectra, was sat at his steering wheel and looked over and saw me walking over (at that moment to check he was alright) and somehow, despite having a substantially shorter car, he was able to drive away with an obviously knackered sounding engine. Up the motorway and into the distance. That was the last I saw of him. Luckily, he only made it to the next junction when a squadcar picked him up pushing it off the road.

He blew 145. Which I worked out to be something like 8 pints? This was on a Monday early evening. What a proper loser.

He was banned for 18months, had a minor fine and I think it was 6 months suspended sentence so despite being totally rinsed, he drove away too. He was lucky there was noone in the back as I don't think they would have been as lucky as us. He said he didn't see us and thought he hit the central barrier.

Me and my passenger were so so lucky, as was he.

Innit.

The surreal thing was, we were going through all these cones and they were flying over the top of the car alternately passenger side/driver side, like a cartoon.

Hats off to the roadmen of the M20 though, they were massively helpful in every way possible.

I despair of the misuse of statistics, and the absolutly braindead driving behavour of some, drunk OR sober.

I in the last 30 years have come across those who regularly drove while well over the limit............without ever having an accident.

Incl RUC officers.

Because they were sensible and drove slowly and carefully on known roads.

There are also those who have horrendous accidents despite not drinking.

Phones, children, radio, other distractions.

And do it again, and perhaps again.

Yet again there are those who get drunk and think they can drive fast.

But crash.

They are the most dangerous, and stupid.

And will pay NO heed to any such adverts

I actually like the American approach of demonstrating "competence" by "walking the line" etc, which better takes account of the different levels of absolute mental and physical competence despite any alcohol in their system.

btw

My tolerance to alcohol is low.