eBay scams still active

Drayton tree care

Almost every thing you look up on Fleabay there are buggers trying to scam you. i lost count of the amount of vw transporters i looked at that turned out to be. i emailed about one advertised as been in Norfolk and i got an email back saying he was in the army and was on a training course in aberdeen and the van was with him but he could have it delivered to me within a few days . when i said i was in arbroathjust down the road and could go pick it up i got a reply saying he was Special Forces and had to hide his identity so couldnt meet up but he could have it delivered within a few days. another one i contacted claimbed to be in doncaster but then sudenly he had moved to spain but could have it delivered........ you will see that they all use the same pattern. they wont let you use paypall they want you to use Yahoo or Google financial servives which do exist. however nither of them offer a third party service on transactions. its funny when you tell them you only deal face to face and in cash the email responces suddenly stop.

i have started keeping their email addresses and using them when i have to put down an email address for a customer service servay. the one in spain who really anoyed me got signed up to a gay chat and date service as revenge.:001_tt2:

• 2 weeks later...

We all use ebay, i certainly do for all sorts of things. However i won't buy used euipment anymore. A few times i've bid and won on items then got the address to collect, taken the precaution and google mapped it only to show an aerial photo of a caravan site. Its easy to nick some poor sods saws, ship them to the other end of the country and sell them.........