Butchery

Highland Forestry

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought we were supposed to do right by the tree. Recently a chap rings up asks for a site meeting, he asks if I would destroy 15 mature Oak trees before he puts in for planning. If you boys think I was wrong to dob him in your in the wrong job

Tony

I would stay well clear of grassing anyone, do you know who you,re dealing with. Let someone else do the grassing it aint my style.

I have done, and will do that type of work.:thumbup1:

As long as the customers is told of the problems that can arise from a good bit of butchering and has been given other options then why the hell not do the work?

The only reason I'm in this business is to make money, it would be nice to pick and choose jobs but I/we dont have that option atm, and there are a hell of a lot worse jobs than that that we could turn down!

You could have passed up on that job and let someone else do it who could have made a worse job of it (believe it or not) :001_tongue:

Iv'e seen trees 'badly butchered' trees where hung up branches have been left, healthy trees in close proximity have been damaged in the process, unesscessary damage to clients property, large rips cuts against stem etc (not talking about 'real' fracture pruning here) etc etc.

So you can butcher a tree and still do a professional....job I think :001_smile:

Here in this part of Worcestershire we and several other companies work with the LA tree officer. It works here

Tony

Several others around here have no insurance and fly tip.

As a professional I chose not too follow their example.

Works for me :001_smile:

Okay guys as I see it , we have no obligation or enhanced status what so ever as a profession to dob people in ..

What people choose to do with their trees so long as it is within the law is entirely their business

However The local authority have an obligation to promote / protect the amenity of trees as laid down in the t&cp act, if they are errant in this then they are falling short of their obligations..

its the the LA's job to do it correctly, it is NOT ours to tell them when to apply it !!!

this could lead to a professional conflict if a client pays for your assistance or advice/report as Tpo notice / appeal is processed.

It beats me why Some trees are instantly TPo'd because theres a sniff of someone wanting to do something to or around it,

if a tree as reached a state to which it contributes so much to amenity , the WHY OH WHY hasnt it been TPo'd before especially where it is outside of other restrictions/ protections ie conservation areas.

I dislike the Emergency TPO , especially when the TO / LA are using it as a kicking tool to get one over on the owner.

Trees dont just pop up overnight.If the trees meet the TPO criteria then they should have already been protected, Yes or NO ?

this legislation has been around for quite some time now

just my thoughts

Edited by Yorkshireman

Several others around here have no insurance and fly tip.

As a professional I chose not too follow their example.

Works for me :001_smile:

Thats one of the things that make you a professional, I spend more and more of my time trying to explain to passers by I'm not a tree murdering Bas***rd. I know things are a bit grim at the moment but this jobs not just about the cash:sad:

Tony the tree hugger