a nice cut for hung trees

dadio

I could trip and break my ankle carrying the saw into the wood, or even just walking into the wood. I can't scratch my finger with the file if I wear my gloves to sharpen the saw. :001_tt2: It is amazing what a wee winch will pull, besides I've got a bigger winch than that anyway if I need it:thumbup:

I think I've already said, based on results, the technique works, tree is on the ground quickly and efficiently and where it was supposed to be, so I'm not arguing there. I still think there is a portion of luck involved in it, with the spear cut when the butt hits the ground you don't know if or which way it's going to roll. I still think the safer option is to do it my way, and again, as I've said already, I acknowledge that this takes longer.

It all depends on your attitude to your own safety, being a prude, err, I mean Brit, I quite value my safety. I understand others may differ.:biggrin:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could trip and break my ankle carrying the saw into the wood, or even just walking into the wood. I can't scratch my finger with the file if I wear my gloves to sharpen the saw. :001_tt2: It is amazing what a wee winch will pull, besides I've got a bigger winch than that anyway if I need it:thumbup:

I think I've already said, based on results, the technique works, tree is on the ground quickly and efficiently and where it was supposed to be, so I'm not arguing there. I still think there is a portion of luck involved in it, with the spear cut when the butt hits the ground you don't know if or which way it's going to roll. I still think the safer option is to do it my way, and again, as I've said already, I acknowledge that this takes longer.

It all depends on your attitude to your own safety, being a prude, err, I mean Brit, I quite value my safety. I understand others may differ.:biggrin:

well said :thumbup:

i think this is also why all of the almost every series or documentary regarding , forestry,tree felling or roughneck timber haulage comes from the USA , lets be honest watching prudes cutting trees in a safe orderly British fashion would not be at all interesting !!

come on who wants to chip in on a plane ticket to get dadio over here and show us prudes how to really cut trees ? :biggrin:

i have read this thread watched the videos etc and well been resisting posting but hell why not !

I think there is merit in the method i don't like it and can see so many things that make me cringe and there are a few moments in the video where you don't have full control of the saw !

that said the tree was brought down where you wanted it and in a good time

Using the winch method is safe and yes slower and yes with the right winch and setup a 36" tree could be rolled !

it is all down to the person at the times experience and regard for there own safety and there understanding of the consequences.

The issue i see with the OP is the constant Bravado my way works yours sucks and im afraid to say it the American were better than you attitude ! which stinks to be fair .

We are all allowed our own thoughts and opinions and we all should be able to take on others ideas and the like in a constructive way.

it would be nice to see some cut the macho im right your wrong stuff and be more constructive !

Dadio is like a polemic / controversy Vampire….He kinda feeds on it.

I’m working on …Polpire …..Contropire….Yankpolpire.

Just not finding a word with the right ring to it. Not trying to insult you Dadio….just trying to figure you out.

Have you lived outside the States by the way…It gives one a perspective on how other nationalities see your own?

I’d be surprised if you know where the UK is:001_smile:

Dadio is like a polemic / controversy Vampire….He kinda feeds on it.

I’m working on …Polpire …..Contropire….Yankpolpire.

Just not finding a word with the right ring to it. Not trying to insult you Dadio….just trying to figure you out.

Have you lived outside the States by the way…It gives one a perspective on how other nationalities see your own?

I’d be surprised if you know where the UK is:001_smile:

Don't sell yourself short. You are making a very good effort.

Here’s what I really think.

We all put our arses in a sling every day…. Literally.

Anyone stupid enough to try to learn to do this, safely, off the internet…deserves to be eliminated from the gene pool.

Therefore any video using different or controversial techniques is to be welcomed by the intelligent thinker.... heaven help the ignorant and lazy who refuse to serve their time in the job.

You make your own decisions. The concept…often posted…that everything should be suitable for a beginner…or a child sat on your lap….is frankly ridiculous.