redwood dismantle

testcricket01

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you work out the weight and length of each section of trunk so determining we're to cut so that the crane is working within SWL or is a guestamate using your experience from previous jobs bearing in mind different weights for different trees?

Theres no set size to weight you just have to guess i always do small bits first to get the ball park figures the crane guy will tell me how much it weighed and you judge the rest its better to be over estimating the weight of the bits

Good job not long ago I had to dismantle a very tall Douglas fir and snatching the top out on itself was the scariest thing I have done in my life, Respect bro! Big tree

I didnt feel to bad up there but certainly wasnt the most comfortable ive been in a tree the first couple bits of timber i was lowering from 100ft!

Theres no set size to weight you just have to guess i always do small bits first to get the ball park figures the crane guy will tell me how much it weighed and you judge the rest its better to be over estimating the weight of the bits

Thanks for your reply, just out of curiosity do you no what some of the main section weighed. There is chart for weight of green logs in the back of the art and science of practical rigging,example weight of a 1 foot section based on average diameter redwood,coast 24" = 157lb per cu ft. Not trying to be anal but just curious. Thanks

Thanks for your reply, just out of curiosity do you no what some of the main section weighed. There is chart for weight of green logs in the back of the art and science of practical rigging,example weight of a 1 foot section based on average diameter redwood,coast 24" = 157lb per cu ft. Not trying to be anal but just curious. Thanks

All of that 70ft stem weighed in at 9/10 tons so wasnt as heavy as id have thought but then it has been dead for nearly 6months and drys very quickly.

Fair play James great job, and taking on these big trees and running your own company at such a young age hats off to you sir, keep up the good work, and have a well deserved rest over xmas with a couple bottles of that wine.

Cheers i just take on anything and everything theres always a way to do what needs doing! I do wonder sometimes i could probs buy a sports car and big house if i sold all my gear and packed up! Not that young anymore 22 now started at 16 if you want something do it make it happen all these people out if work need to make it happen for them selfs!

Cheers i just take on anything and everything theres always a way to do what needs doing! I do wonder sometimes i could probs buy a sports car and big house if i sold all my gear and packed up! Not that young anymore 22 now started at 16 if you want something do it make it happen all these people out if work need to make it happen for them selfs!

Good to see a young guy with some ambition and drive. I come across to many 20 something's who either talk about what there going to do but never actualy do or they expect everything handed to them. Good on ya.