Norovirus

Pat Ferrett

Well felt fine yesterday morning but got back from tipping up and collecting the christmas tree, felt like I had picked up abit of a chill and then wham sick to the point I could'nt stand up and didnt stop till 11 last night.

Had the weirdest dreams when I did sleep. Woken up feeling like I've done 5 rounds with Henry Cooper.

Anybody else on here under the weather today ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I did have it twice last year.

It a really strange one as it seems to hit at night when your tired then stops really quick. I felt really hungry after and had to eat but didn't stop eating.

I hate this bug and really don't want it again but at least it only lasts a few hours. I was throwing up until about 4 am last time and went to work the morning.

Feel for you mate. It seems to be spreading a bit this year so onto a matter of time....

Yeah about 7 pints, a few bottles, couple of jd's, the odd brandy and a couple of tequila shooters.

Xmas do last night but not in the same league as Noro. We all had it a couple of years ago. No doubt it will come to my family on chrimbo eve!

I hate being sick and even though drink has only made me ill once its still a massive incentive for me to take it easy.

Had it a couple of months ago. Got up a 5.30 am. Set off for the yard at 6.30 am. Felt absolutely fine. Got to yard and threw my ring up 4 times. Felt fine. Had to stop on the motorway to puke. Felt fine. Got to job, threw up twice and felt bloody awful. Cold, shivering, shits, uncontrollable vomiting, dizzy, light headed. Spent the day in the site office. Fell asleep on the way home. Got in bed for 6pm and felt amazing in the morning like nothing was wrong.

Awful thing to catch.

Had it last year- whole family had it in the space of three days. House was not a nice site with 5 of us yakking up all over the place- especially when three of those five are under six years old.

Christ I hope we dont get it over the xmas break..:thumbdown:

Awful thing to catch.

Had it last year- whole family had it in the space of three days. House was not a nice site with 5 of us yakking up all over the place- especially when three of those five are under six years old.

Christ I hope we dont get it over the xmas break..:thumbdown:

Clean hands seem to be key to avoiding it.

This is true but with kids being at school it only takes one kid to bring it in. :thumbdown:

I really feel for when my boy gets ill with it. It's just plain messy. Not a lot you can do to help either. :thumbdown:

Schools at this time of year are germ factories, with 2 girls at play school and a 16 year old step-son if there is a bug about you can bet its going to come our way.

Step sons school had 140 kids off in just his year.