Loosening Bar Nut on Husqvarna 435

rimo911s

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so going by the last set of pics I stand corrected on the brake band being ok however i'd check that plastic bit too as looking at it the band has only been worn through in one spot so could have been caused by the plastic holding the side cover at the wrong angle allowing the clutch bell to contact and wear through the band

Nice. I knew that band didn't look right. :biggrin:

I must say and although most will know this is also a good lesson. With pictures we would never have seen the fault. And could have gone on for a long time trying to diagnose a problem that one picture solved...

We will gladly help if the dealer won't I'd it. It's actually an easy job to do. But very fidly.

Gardenkit. Would you like some sauce with your hat. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only joking mate. It was a good spot on the plastic, although I feel that would be caused by the ill fitting cover :thumbup:.

And yes I've also found this site is very helpfull and got a good bunch on here. :thumbup::thumbup:

I am glad you have found a problem Rimo, but I still not totally convinced that its your only problem. The brake band was not ON but was broken, this would not normally prevent the drum from rotating, so there just could be something else happening.

And, make sure you use the correct chain for that bar, if in doubt which one is right post close ups of all 3 on here and someone will let you know.

I am glad you have found a problem Rimo, but I still not totally convinced that its your only problem. The brake band was not ON but was broken, this would not normally prevent the drum from rotating, so there just could be something else happening.

It was pressing against the edge/inside of the clutch drum, it appears to have cut through in a few places by the looks of the pictures, if you look at the pictures on page 2, the clutch drum is proud of the brake area, although it may have twisted the actual cover.