60 lbs. / 27 kg. that will never see the redwoods

mdvaden

Out of interest, how long ago do you think it was when you were last the weight that you are now?

I'm 6 months into a similar experiment (thats how I'm approaching it, its an experiment) and I'm not ready to publish any results just yet as the next few weeks could go all wrong!! but so far so good.

I've been chunky most of my life, even back to grade school. The least I've weighed was probably around age 20 when I did some building construction for a while and don't recall why my eating slacked a little. But my physical activity was really a lot too. I was still over-weight though. So presently, I'm the leanest I've ever been in nearly 45 years, going back to like age 10 or so.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done. translated in to brit weights, you lost 4 stone 4 lb. That's a lot.

Have you got a plan for keeping it off?

Sure .. should be easy now.

Before, I never weighed myself, had no idea what foods had how many calories, and ate too much.

Now I've already erased the highest calorie foods from my regular meals, will weigh twice a week, and will reduce my food intake a little bit. And that reduced intake, in a month, will actually be an increase compared to the past few month. So I can actually eat more than now, and not gain.

What I meant to add is that metabolism increases as you are light and fitter so you can then eat more. Being overweight slows you down so the food you eat is used less and its a vicous cycle that you have so far overcome and no reason for you not to continue with it forever.

Also you should have developed some muscle while hauling your heavier self around for however long it was that you were overweight, so now you have the muscles that lighter people spend ages in the gym trying to achieve, result all round!

Out of interest, how long ago do you think it was when you were last the weight that you are now?

I'm 6 months into a similar experiment (thats how I'm approaching it, its an experiment) and I'm not ready to publish any results just yet as the next few weeks could go all wrong!! but so far so good.

Not sure thats true Rupe, as I understand it fat people actually have faster metabolisms than thin people, its just that they metabolise their calories to body fat, not energy or mussel.

There was a program about this on the radio that investigated the age old claim by the fat that they "have a slow metabolism", but they actually found the reverse to be true.

That picture is amazing; the sort of picture that diet companies will want to buy from you!

Apart from that I am pure jealous. I say I've tried but the honest reality is I've been too undisciplined and lost about 1 kg and celebrate with that with a mars bar. :001_rolleyes:

Since that's close to my best attempt the past 40 years or so, that's why this still seems surreal.

Also, it hit me a few months ago "WHAT IF" whatever flipped the switch of my will, didn't happen? What if I did not make the same choice last June? Because it seems the odds were stacked to have just followed my habit pattern. It's still something I don't understand. Not THAT I wanted to change. But what flipped the switch.

The continuing part I understand a bit more. It was FEELING the change. I saw the change, but feeling lighter, feeling less pain, feeling more agile and capable in itself was very motivating.