Chippers???

The Tree Hunter

First of very good luck mate. The timborwolf is a very good chipper. If you plump for one, try and get one with either spare blades or blades that have just been sharpened. Unless you are good with repair work i would get the best one you can afford rather than a shed to do up. I used to work for a timberwolf dealer the only gripe anyone ever had was that the Spare parts are Bl**dy expensive.

When you get to the position where you can afford and need to buy. Spend as much as you can, newest is best, warranty is King and talk to all the suppliers, if they are genuine then they should promote their own machines well, if they are less honest they will slag of one or two makes. Beware of cheap imitations and think of the value they should have at three years and five years. Consider this, do you NEED to buy or would a lease be better.

Good luck.

When you get to the position where you can afford and need to buy. Spend as much as you can, newest is best, warranty is King and talk to all the suppliers, if they are genuine then they should promote their own machines well, if they are less honest they will slag of one or two makes. Beware of cheap imitations and think of the value they should have at three years and five years. Consider this, do you NEED to buy or would a lease be better.

Good luck.

I'm probably a long way off needing to buy one, how does the lease thing work???

I reiterate the sentiments of Pete B. If you wish to try before you buy/hire any of the models from the Timberwolf range let me know for a free demo and I can point out the differences between petrol, diesel, braked/unbraked pto and tracked. I can also explain the leasing, hiring and purchasing scenarios for you.

I simple terms, a lease is like hiring. But you have to maintain it and care for it but at the end of the term, you can wave goodbye. It's not on your books as a depreciating asset and you don't have to worry about selling it or trading it in, just ask for a new one and away you go. You can walk away from it at the end of the term without a backward glance and either get another on or get a different make without the hassle of advertising, arguing over it's value, waiting for people to come and view it or anything like that. A lease can be set up to include servicing costs over 3-5 years, extra blades, blade sharpening (even a three year warranty) etc, so, if desired, you know how much that machine is going to cost over a long period of usage without the hassle of unexpected bills or other more routine costs.

Where would be the best place to get a diesel chipper from, what sort of prices should i be expecting to pay for a half sensible one, tow along??

Try Thorne Engineers in Wheldrake York. They are really good guys who really do a good job of re-furbishing chippers then selling them on.