Is this really a police matter???

skyhuck

Currently and broadcasting regulator of Australia feels their is a good case to answer due a breach of regulatory code, but the also there is a ETHICAL issue here, if not why has their been Such a world wide reaction, the radio web site on FB had 10k hits in 4 hours.

WW, you have started something that should have been more carefully controlled, but see my earlier comments.

You have explained your own past situation, and I hope life is more rosy now, but this only demonstrates you weak position on this matter. As I ave previously stated, suicide acts go to the very core of the ethical values of family life and those we loved and you need to rethink you approach to such subjects and understand the word " sensor ship ".

Sent without predujice.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't listen to radio 1, or any other commercial station, or read the odd tabloid, or like to see a fit celeb girl topless on the beach?

They're all from the same mould, and in spending our money on this crap we proliferate it.... Unfortunately this inane drivel in the media is unavoidable these days. But we don't do anything about it, we just get all moral when it hurts someone.

Some of us will deliberately avoid this kind of journalism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no and no again... and you can ask anyone i know, and they'll say no...

I try to avoid all forms of media as best i can especially radio 1 and the like, celebrities etc, its all biased and opinionated, if i want the truth, i;ll go in search of it...

Ok, i'm not naive enough to think all media is avoidable, because it isn't, but as i stated don't tar us all with the same brush... presuming people listen to commercial radio or the like or read crappy tabloids or the like because you do..... well....

Fair play, there aren't many who can or will do that.

I only listen to my iPod or radio 4 ( but even r4 can be a bit biased at times), I don't read newspapers and I couldn't identify a celebrity or footballer in a line up of 2. But I can't absolve myself of blame, I watch fox comedies.

She wasn't murdered mate.

Although has suicide been confirmed?

Not at all. In this case I disagree that suicide was appropriate.

2 children without a mother at Christmas is not on.

I must clarify, I'm not anti suicide, I fully respect the rights of the individual to make their own choices. Again, the point I'm trying to make us that it was her choice, the dj's didn't murder her.

My wife battled cancer to be able see our children grow up.

Seems odd that a woman who seemingly had it all, great career, happy family etc would end it all because of a half arsed prank by some non celebrities.

Unless everything wasn't so peachy, in which case blaming the radio prank is also wrong.

There is no blame here. It's just a very sad event.

So be as sanctimonious as you like about the psychology of suicide, I'm not without experience, but this thread is not about that, it's whether there's a criminal case against the dj's. I say there isn't.

Please read back over your statements in this thread regarding your freely stated views on suicide then understand why I at least feel that you have made it the subject.

Currently and broadcasting regulator of Australia feels their is a good case to answer due a breach of regulatory code, but the also there is a ETHICAL issue here, if not why has their been Such a world wide reaction, the radio web site on FB had 10k hits in 4 hours.

WW, you have started something that should have been more carefully controlled, but see my earlier comments.

You have explained your own past situation, and I hope life is more rosy now, but this only demonstrates you weak position on this matter. As I ave previously stated, suicide acts go to the very core of the ethical values of family life and those we loved and you need to rethink you approach to such subjects and understand the word " sensor ship ".

Sent without predujice.

Social media generates huge numbers and I am always wary of it as a yardstick.

This type of 'entertainment' has been done before in exactly the same way, and also in different but equally as hurtful formats - Ross and Brand? But they're still working, making loads of money. The difference here is that a delicate person has been tragically affected (allegedly) by the prank.

I strongly feel that the dj's, puerile though they may be, have been drawn into something personal to the nurse and her family which had little to do with them, by the media which made them.

Delicious irony? Perhaps, but still not entirely fair.

The suicide, emotive though it is, needs to be separated out of the decision over their professional conduct, it is not relevant to that particular enquiry.

Please read back over your statements in this thread regarding your freely stated views on suicide then understand why I at least feel that you have made it the subject.

That's posting without smilies for you. Bloody iPhone.

My opinion on the suicide isirrelevant really, all if our opinions are, because we don't know all the facts.

I only stated my opinion as a side note to why I feel that the dj's shouldn't be blamed for her death.

When my wife was ill I was angry with everything, everyone, but if she had died I would mostly have been angry at her for letting the cancer win. It's a pretty shameful thing to admit but it's a point which needs making. My guess is that her kids will be angry with the media, the dj's, the hospital, but mostly their mother for choosing to leave them.

Sitting here cuddling my daughter I have tremendous sympathy for her kids.

The sympathy I have for the nurse us that she couldn't get the help she obviously needed in time. But you can't blame a pair if idiots ( or more specifically, their producer ) for that.