loading a chipper

Charleton Chips

Eddie - how does the constant side loading affect the pins/bushes in the rest of the machine, and have you experienced any deformation or fracturing of welds etc in the boom and dipper? Does Kubota's warranty cover the use of these attachments? I have seen Engcon tilt-rotators demonstrated and am extremely impressed with them, but can't help thinking they may impose stresses on the machine for which it wasn't designed..

This is an excellent question to which I only have an answer of 3 years use and approx 2200hrs heavy use at present to go on.

However my 8 tonne unit shows no signs of ill effects from having the Engcon fitted, and I'd actually say the undercarriage is considerably better that it would have been if I was constantly repositioning the machine.

I did a lot of homework before deciding on the Kubota as the base unit, and I was mainly looking for a large slew ring to carry the continuously added weight better.

I did enquire with Kubota about having the additional 300kg counterweight added just to give better balance across the slew ring but they said everything was running well within limits.

Kubota have been most helpful from the start and very receptive to talking about modifying their base units.

They were perfectly happy to warranty every component I didn't have altered and no problems with running attachments.

They were happy their product was up to the job and it proved them right for the 3 years they covered it for, not having any issue whatsoever with the base machine.

The 5 tonne machine has been faultless so far, so must speak something of their products.

TomTom,

I'm absolutely with you on that Jake mounting, their gear does look quality and it must be the way to improve stability plus distribute the forces better.

We need some more Jake or Roofmount pics!

Eddie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TomTom,

I'm absolutely with you on that Jake mounting, their gear does look quality and it must be the way to improve stability plus distribute the forces better.

We need some more Jake or Roofmount pics!

Eddie.

Jake Photo album!!!

Photo album - JAKE

if you pm me your email ill send you all there spec sheets i have,clever stuff

tomtom you beat me to it i love some of the setup in the pictures

the jake set up seem brillent and i love the ones with a front loader as well as the jake frame:thumbup:

my concern would be acess how it limits acess to the link arms, how easy it is to attach implements and dose it allow full range movement espically the top link as i see it as a protenial problem area,

though the support legs seem a brillent idea for chipper work

tomtom am i correct in saying that jake work with the valtra disgin teams

For past info on Jake plates if you put ‘jake’ and ‘crane’ into search there are posts on here from the past, there is restriction in the lift on some implements such as winches but I find chippers and mulchers most fit under and lift high enough . With all crane feeding there is a risk of loading unwanted material into the hopper, good vision of loading area and using a tined brash grapple will help but inevitably you will always load something you wished you hadn’t ! I did a set of blades in my Hiezohack last week without finding what it was went through.