Heavy duty landy suspension

tim361

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about shocks - I really rate the Koni Heavy track. Fairly pricy but they seem to take the abuse. I've a set on the rear of the 90 that I took off the 130 before I sold it and between the two vehicles have done something like 55 - 60,000 miles and are still going strong. Mine are the standard Heavy Track, there is an even heavier duty one called the Heavy Track Raid.

I'd like to see a Britpart or Terrafirma last like these :001_tt2:

Forgot about shocks - I really rate the Koni Heavy track. Fairly pricy but they seem to take the abuse. I've a set on the rear of the 90 that I took off the 130 before I sold it and between the two vehicles have done something like 55 - 60,000 miles and are still going strong. Mine are the standard Heavy Track, there is an even heavier duty one called the Heavy Track Raid.

I'd like to see a Britpart or Terrafirma last like these :001_tt2:

HI CHRIS you do not like terrafirma i no kona are very good mate i run them on cars in the past very good jon :thumbup:

Standard setup on 3.5 tonne HD land rovers 130 or 110 is the heavy duty LR spring and then the helper springs inside !

On my 110 i run the bearmach blue 130 HD springs soon to have the helpers too !

On My business partners 130 we run bearmach blue 130 springs and the landrover genuine helper springs, this reguarly goes 3.5 tonnes and 3.5 tonnes on trailer too ! rides very well corners well oh shocks HD Bilstiens all round !

Never have it looking overloaded ever ! :)

HI CHRIS you do not like terrafirma i no kona are very good mate i run them on cars in the past very good jon :thumbup:

I'm not a huge fan, have heard a few stories on LR forums of them failing and also have had a few probs when fitting (or trying to fit) other Terrafirma bits - holes not lining up etc.

What I really didn't like on the TF shocks was that the top bushes are (or at least used to be) non servicable. Surely the shock should be able to last long enough to need bushes replacing - they're dear enough :biggrin:

I'm not a huge fan, have heard a few stories on LR forums of them failing and also have had a few probs when fitting (or trying to fit) other Terrafirma bits - holes not lining up etc.

What I really didn't like on the TF shocks was that the top bushes are (or at least used to be) non servicable. Surely the shock should be able to last long enough to need bushes replacing - they're dear enough :biggrin:

HI CHRIS kona shock are like you said mate jon :thumbup:

As said above the 130 set up will go straight in- HD springs with the helpers inside them, and get to a scrap yard and have the anti roll bar off a disco(it will bolt straight on) and get some terra firma shocks- the big ones with a 2" bore. Job done.

As said above the 130 set up will go straight in- HD springs with the helpers inside them, and get to a scrap yard and have the anti roll bar off a disco(it will bolt straight on) and get some terra firma shocks- the big ones with a 2" bore. Job done.

HI TOMMER how long has the terra shocks been on yours mate thanks jon we run terra spings and there good take lots of weight jon :thumbup: