husky 550xp, what a belter!!

jnoon

Hi all,

As you know and from pic I had/have a 261. I wanted a fresh saw so i bit the bullet and read the reviews on 550/560xp and decided to purchase one on a 15" bar. I swallowed my stihl pride,:sneaky2:,

Anyway saw arrived yesterday, put bar and chain on ( a little more fiddly than on stihl's).

I read manual about autotune and ran it up and through some fat leylandii last night. Put approx half a tank through it,

Today it got its first proper trial, I insisted I was on ground so could give the new saw some beans:001_cool:

Fuelled it up, started no probs, choke lever takes a bit of getting used to, out and up de comp in pull it pops then lever down pull and half revs is on then blip throttle and away it goes,

I found that when warm will start easier without pushing in the de comp button?

Anyway, it was mainly birch today and sweet chestnut,

The saw is so light its unreal, when snedding its like its laser guided:lol: it just goes and goes like a scaulded cat. it wouldn't bog down.

The saw feels so well balanced and sound pretty beefy:001_tongue:

On tickover it sound like my 660 and on small stuff it cuts like my 660!!!

It seems a bit thirstier than 261 but I could be wrong.

All in all I think its a fantastic new saw with a lot of nice features, the most important it cuts like F##K!!!!

Just hope it turns out to be more reliable than my 261

well chuffed

Well done husky:thumbup:

Edited by jnoon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with it... Mine has spent more time broken than working!

If i were you, i'd buy a spare brake band, a HD airfilter, and be prepared to buy a new bar because the standard ones are made of marshmallow!

The starters are weak too, but mine hasnt gone yet. (Bet it does tomorrow now!)

That said... It is an awesome saw when its running right!

Good luck with it... Mine has spent more time broken than working!

If i were you, i'd buy a spare brake band, a HD airfilter, and be prepared to buy a new bar because the standard ones are made of marshmallow!

The starters are weak too, but mine hasnt gone yet. (Bet it does tomorrow now!)

That said... It is an awesome saw when its running right!

if its minor things in not too worried but crank/ clutch probs were major with 261 so needed a change. And yh its awsome when running

if its minor things in not too worried but crank/ clutch probs were major with 261 so needed a change. And yh its awsome when running

Mines been back to husky for a piston and cylinder! Apparantly its the first time its happened, but they're bound to say that!

My mate went to the dealer i took mine to and asked if they've had any probs with the 550..... And they said they've had no problems with them at all! Lying b*#%@rds!!! Needless to say they're not having another penny off me!

I truly hope yours is a good un! Enjoy!

Mines been back to husky for a piston and cylinder! Apparantly its the first time its happened, but they're bound to say that!

My mate went to the dealer i took mine to and asked if they've had any probs with the 550..... And they said they've had no problems with them at all! Lying b*#%@rds!!! Needless to say they're not having another penny off me!

I truly hope yours is a good un! Enjoy!

yh hope so must be better than 261

Just thirsty because you enjoy using it!! I got my 560half way through a thinning contract feb last year , it was very much more thirsty than the 357 it replaced but what it left in its wake of felling was far more!!out put went right up.

yes I must admit it may sound sad but it made me smile, such grunnt from a little light saw well chuffed:thumbup: bet the 560 is when gruntier