Council tree squad overmanned?

Mike Dempsey

I would be the first to concede that after 30 years I am probably "institutionalized":001_rolleyes:, there are however useless prats in the private sector as well.

Like the Hiab operator who came to collect a scrap van this week.

It would have been funnier iffen I did not have a responsibilty for safety/ be standing in the witness box if there were an accident.

With no formal training and limited exp on my wee forestry trailer crane I would have been well handier.(and safer)

Unlike an owner operator who lifted/dragged a 26tonne loaded bin lorry out of a soft verge in Moss, with a wee, prob 12/15 tonne max capacity crane.

A pure pleasure to watch with the rear wheels dancing in clear air.:lol:

I commented on his skilful performance and with a straight face asked what that funny warbling noise had been, that went on most of the time:lol:

He just grinned.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be the first to concede that after 30 years I am probably "institutionalized":001_rolleyes:, there are however useless prats in the private sector as well.

Like the Hiab operator who came to collect a scrap van this week.

It would have been funnier iffen I did not have a responsibilty for safety/ be standing in the witness box if there were an accident.

With no formal training and limited exp on my wee forestry trailer crane I would have been well handier.(and safer)

Unlike an owner operator who lifted/dragged a 26tonne loaded bin lorry out of a soft verge in Moss, with a wee, prob 12/15 tonne max capacity crane.

A pure pleasure to watch with the rear wheels dancing in clear air.:lol:

I commented on his skilful performance and with a straight face asked what that funny warbling noise had been, that went on most of the time:lol:

He just grinned.

as an owner operator sometimes youve got to push your kit to get the job done,i see your point but if he d turned it down he aint earning

Edited by john p
cant spell earning

The public sector is where irresponsible governments get rid of the unemployment figures, they create unneccessary jobs within the public sector to get the figures down.

The only problem with that is the private sector have to pay for the public sector, when the public sector becomes too big for the private sector to support then borrowing goes up, until a point when things crash ( recession )

This government is now putting all that right and unfortunately jobs in the public sector are being lost, but private sector business,s are being created, it will take time but we will get there. The only problem is people resent losing their jobs so vote against against this government has a protest and put the previous one back in which caused the problem in the first place and the whole cycle starts again.

We are our own worst enemy, we buy cheap imported food and goods and deny our private sector of the trade they need to expand and create jobs and then start moaning about losing our jobs or not being able to find jobs

Basically we are thick as pig shite

Actually, as I attempted to explain, I was fully supportive of the owner operator "pushing the envelope", with his own kit, which he 100% knew the capabilites of. I would have done exactly the same.

Most safety guidance is to protect us from the actions of stupid, and perhaps very tired, operators in the "one size fits all" H&S policies.

I do keep asking what job anywhere is suitable for (i'm guessing here) the bottom 20% of the population in the intelligence/motivation stakes.

Most everything is now so complex/mechanised that there are virtually no manual labouring/spade and shovel jobs left.

I am sure any of you arbo'whatsits prefer an intelligent groundie to one who has to be constantly directed i.e. cannot or will not "think" for himself.

Even, what used to be a humble driving job, now requires serious cognative function.

As that Yankee logger so aptly put it "ye canny fix stupid".

So what do "we" do with stupid?

Edited by difflock