How prepared are you ?

melvyn

I don't think there is any need to plan for a total meltdown of the system, those who can cope will, those who can't wont. Survival of the fittest. The type used to state handouts, sponging off others, will not be able to sponge any longer. They will be dead. This population cull will be beneficial, not a curse. The capable will adapt to adversity, be able to eat off the land, cook over an open fire. The weak see such a disaster as a disaster, the strong see it as an opportunity to get ahead.

I don't care, I alright. :thumbup1:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My lot would run out of food in a day. They would panic eat instead of buy.

I would just wait for the neighbours to kick it then go and rob all there stuff. Shouldn't take long for them.

I would wait for neighbours to kick it then cut some nice juicy steaks off them, I reckon thigh muscles would be good meat :001_smile:

Never made any plans but might be OK for a bit

20years worth of firewood siting about

70 :sheep: running around the field

Spring water supply

3.6Kw of PV that I am sure could be made to work without mains electricity.

But no Arbtalk :thumbdown:

Then what would be the point of living..:confused1: Kill me now!! :001_tongue:

7000 litres of rainwater stored,

A fair few pounds of beef and sheep "keeping fresh" out there.

Probably about 3-4 weeks worth of dried goods plus veg harvest (was poor this year but plenty of tatties, onions, beet root, pumpkin and garlic left.

Firewood a plenty.

A complete off-grid leccy system with a 3500Ah battery set (from being comfortably nomadic)

But no mid/long range weaponry, only close quarter defence (7lbs axe+6'5", 16stone of idiot).

Hmmmm, will have to make a leaf spring cross-bow....

I'll be waiting, behind some thick steel, armour piercing crossbow at the ready :lol:

Made one before when I was a kid (9 or 10 years old), fired steel bolts (sharpened lengths of 10mm threaded rod) through a car door....

My evil father (it's not fair!) took it off me, dunno why?

I dont think the farmers/wilderness dwellers need worry too much about marauding zombie gangs of townies and chavs attacking their livestock.

Most of the morons have never been beyond the DSS building, the pub or the shop where they buy scratchcards. They would never find your place.

I think it could be a good thing.

Anyone with a really cunning survival plan would be wise to keep it to themselves.