Stupid place to park a land cruiser...

benedmonds

That funny.

Not the only one today either. D a tree surgeons got the van stuck in a foot of mud trying to access a tree belt, lucky a 360 pulled (or lifted) him out. I wasn't driving so sat back and watched with great humour.

These things happen its how you react when they do that counts.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that the usual places (Barrow and 'Sorrel) would be shut, but where is that Ben? I see that the A6 at Hathern was shut and it was wet by Zouch and past The Planks at Kegworth. Only the second time I recall it wet there since 1982..

Chances are they were sick of people ignoring the Road closed signs, driving through the water and the waves then pushing the water over their door thresholds. Just because you're able to drve through it, doesn't make it right. They don't close roads for no reason :thumbdown:

And looks like you were trying to do the same again in the photo :thumbdown:

That was not the case in this instance.. It was on a dual carriageway, the A6.. The alternative was lots more driving, even more wading and utterly pointless!

I was stuck in sawley by the plank and leggit!

That was not the case in this instance.. It was on a dual carriageway, the A6.. The alternative was lots more driving, even more wading and utterly pointless!

:blushing: Sorry, just winds me up - used to get it a fair bit round us when it was flooded, people ignoring road closed signs and often pushing water into peoples houses just to save a detour.

But, it's still a closed road - would you drive through a red traffic light?

I doubt he would have made it that far in the first place...

Best I duck for cover before a green oval heads my way!

Dunno, reckon Landy would have got that far - difference would be I bet Ben's feet were still dry whereas landy footwells would be full :biggrin:

We were following a BT van today and he hit a deepish bit going far too fast and fortunately for him managed to carry some momentum to get him a fair way through once it had died. He did get it going again before too long but there was a fair bit of steam in amongst the smoke and it didn't look very healthy for a bit.

He would have never gotten stuck in a Landrover.

That is who I called to get me out!

The diff locks on both vehicles are temperamental at best with the Land cruiser just not working at all, so as 4wd vehicles they are both lacking somewhat! Stick a trailer on the Land cruiser and it will get stuck as soon as it gets a bit slippy.

20121126_142758.jpg.a571cf6caebf0fe869f02d0b79e1a128.jpg

:blushing: Sorry, just winds me up - used to get it a fair bit round us when it was flooded, people ignoring road closed signs and often pushing water into peoples houses just to save a detour.

But, it's still a closed road - would you drive through a red traffic light?

Slightly different scenario, the road from Littleport to Welney near me is often officially closed all winter, but some days you can drive through and its just a few cm deep, other times it can be 2 metres under. So officially closed but it may well be passable at the driver's discretion.