What if money didnt matter

Ian Flatters

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this kind of stuff, breaking the cycle of generations.

A young man meets a young lady, after a few dates, the young lady invites him over for sunday dinner.:001_smile:

The dinner appears and it's a lovely big roast, he eats it and the young lady asks how it was? The guy says it was unbelievable, best ever, but why did you cut both ends of that beautiful big roast before serving?:confused1:

Aha, says the girl, that's the family secret, makes it extra special.

2 weeks later, the guy is invited to meet the mother in law to be hopefully, once again, the Sunday roast appears, same as before, both ends cut off, man says nothing and tucks in.

After the eager mum asks how it was, unbelievable, he says, best meal ever, but may I ask, why did you cut the ends off the roast?

Aha, says the mum, winking and tapping her nose, that's the family secret.

Another 2 weeks pass, now it's grannies for Sunday roast.

Out comes the lump of meat, but all intact!

He tucks in and once again, granny ask, how was it?

Fantastic he said, beautiful, better than ANY meal he has ever had, but may I ask, why didn't you cut both ends off the Roast? What about the family secret?

The granny looks puzzled and says, I haven't needed to do that since 1963, that's when I got the bigger oven!!:biggrin:

Hah that is awesome and golden! Thanks for sharing that loon :):thumbup1:

This thred made me stop and think about how i ended up where i am now and why i have made the changes that i have and i think most of it comes down to something was making me unhappy so I worked out what that something was and did something about it.

Also makes me feel i should track down a teacher from my school who gave me advice similar to the vid and thank him for it as 16 years down the line im not stuck on the tredmill of life running just to stay in the same place hating every minet of it just because thats what is expected of me.

Nice one Ian. Pretty much sums up what I've been brought up to think and has put me where I am today, in an industry that to me isn't about working to pay the bills, it's about doing something I love and getting satisfaction in day to day life. This is a completely different attitude to a lot of guys I grew up with, one of whom is now in the final stages of a Master's degree, with no idea what he intends to do once he graduates:confused1:

Btw that redwood footage was from the vid I was talking about earlier, I'll see if I can find a link to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thank you for sharing the video. it allows one to have a different perspective of life other than just survival. i believe that the teachings alan watts follows would also agree that desire is the cause of suffering. that is how the life seems to have the contradictions, but the ultimate Truth is eternal, unchanging