climber or foreman?

English-arb

a foreman should be someone who has worked his way up and gained industry knowledge, there are to many quick 6 week courses and fast track course bring people into the industry with know real knowledge at all who want management foreman roles. i would personaly pefer to have foreman manager who has as worked in the industry for a while (walked the walk not talked the talk)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can get the right guys together there is very little a foreman would have to do its about the right blend of experience and enthusiasm and personel responsability and most important a professionel attitude.saying all that we all love to moan about the boss .

if you can get the right guys together there is very little a foreman would have to do its about the right blend of experience and enthusiasm and personel responsability and most important a professionel attitude.saying all that we all love to moan about the boss .

What he said.

Moving into the managerial role is a challenge to most people. Especially if you are promoted from within a team. Many people are promoted who want it but are incapable of leading, some who are capable don't want it. Every now and then the right person gets the job and the difference in attitude and performance from the whole team is remarkable.

Managing and leading are skills that can be learned and often have to be taught. It can be a fine line between leading and bullying.

We have had team leaders who don't climb, those who are intermediate and those who are very good. We have also promoted, when the need arose, people who weren't ready for the role and the team suffered as a consequence.

Stress is relative, as mentioned above. If a team leader has the support of the whole team, including the employer, life should be easy.

a foreman should be avery able and experienced guy IMO, not some 30 year old whos barely gotout of short trousers, you need to have seen it all.

Come on you grumpy old git:001_tt2:.

Im 32 and still wearing my short trousers and im sure i can run most jobs without much issue. My main team leader/ foreman has worked for me for 5 or 6 years and it was his first job in the industry and he can happily run 90% of jobs. Its all about the type of work you do, who you work with and how you build your experience.

I wish I had given it more thought when i was twenty, should have been ready for it (qualified and fully up on all aspects) by 35, im still unqualified at 40, but reckon ive got ten years to sort it out.

a foreman should be avery able and experienced guy IMO, not some 30 year old whos barely gotout of short trousers, you need to have seen it all.

Im only just starting to grow up enough for such a post! JUST

I'm doing alright tony;)

Looking back the further I progressed the less I enjoyed my job, although the money was good, but you can't have it both ways unless you are doing something you really enjoy. Stress is always there to a greater or lesser degree, it's how you deal with that counts.